Lucky For Me pt 2

A/N: Why did you start shipping Sterek??

After a few months of being on a press tour, Stiles had grown accustomed to the strange questions presented by the interviewer. He'd even become a master at avoiding the awkward questions and rewording them in a way that was acceptable for the interviewer to proceed. Or so Stiles thought...

Because Stiles and Derek were playing the leads of the movie, they were often paired together during press. In this particular interview, the interviewer could not seem to wrap his head around the fact that they would be playing a gay relationship. That or he was just being a homophobic bitch...if Stiles was putting it nicely. 

"So Derek. Your character, Tony Barrett, faces kind of a challenge in this movie because he's in another relationship. Is that correct?"

Derek rubs his chin and adjusts his position in his director's chair.

"Yeah, not to give too much away, but Tony is dating a really lovely girl named Eva, who is played by our good friend Erica Reyes, but soon realizes that he has stronger emotions for Eli, Stiles's character. It's a big turning point for our characters."

The interviewer nodded and turned to face Stiles who was looking at Derek while he answered his question. How could someone look that hot while just talking?

"And Stiles, you have been an advocate for gay rights your entire acting career and you came out on Twitter two years ago as gay yourself. What is it like playing a gay character on screen?"

Stiles cleared his throat and shifted his gaze from the hot man that was Derek Hale.

"Uh..Yeah..It's been-It's been very interesting but also very rewarding. I don't think it's any different than any other movie I've ever done, but I definitely think it's a great opportunity to bring awareness towards gay rights and show that the world is not all straight."

Instead of moving the following question to Derek like he had been doing, the interviewer decided to continue interrogating Stiles.

"Is it weird to be playing a character of your own sexuality?"

Stiles flushed while Derek frowned.

"Uh, no. I don't think so."

The interviewer turns away and Stiles lets out a big whoosh of air in relief, but it turns out he wasn't done yet.

"It has been announced that this movie will be rated R due to some 'explicit' scenes. Was it awkward filming those? And Stiles, would you say that filming a scene like that would make you more attracted to Derek? Because this is a story of a gay romance?"

Stiles planned out an entire response of ranting to the interviewer about his ignorance and how stupid he was being, but when Stiles opened his mouth, nothing came out. It was almost as if he was simultaneously too furious, yet too embarrassed to respond.

Derek, on the other hand, was fuming and spouting out critiques towards the interviewer and his questions.

"This is absolutely ridiculous!" Derek said while sitting up straight in his chair, "I have filmed sex scenes in other movies with a girl and have never once been asked any questions like that at all. Sure, filming the sex scenes in this movie were awkward, but they are always awkward! No matter who you are filming them with! There are hundreds of crew members, not to mention the occasional cast member that likes to show up just to make fun of you after. It's embarrassing, but both Stiles and I agreed that if straight couples could have multiple sex scenes in movies without being critiqued, a movie about a gay couple should be able to do the same. And Stiles and I would both appreciate if you could stick to appropriate questions. Thank you."

Silence.

Complete silence.

Nobody knew how to react except for Derek who was still gripping the arms of his chair in order to prevent himself from continuing on with his speech.

After a few more beats, the interviewer shuffled through his cards while avoiding eye contact with Derek. He soon proceeded to more questions which were clearly more appropriate than what he had been asking before Derek's outburst. 

As usual, the interview eventually came to an end and Derek and Stiles went there separate ways.

When the interview was released, the internet went crazy.

@user1: WHO LET THAT INTERVIEWER SAY THAT?? HAS NO ONE HEARD OF PROOFREADING????

@user2: IK! @user1, I almost shit myself. I knew I loved Derek for a reason,

@user 3: was I the only one that expected stiles to be the one to go off

@user4: I think he was too embarrassed

@user2: I think the poor bean was just shook. to be fair, I was speechless after the interviewer asked that.

In a weird way, Stiles was self-conscious by the fact that Derek had to defend him (though he was eternally grateful), and the internet seemed to make a huge deal about it. He had begun to ignore all the commotion, but a tweet by the one and only Derek Hale, peaked his interest.

@/DerekHale: I know a lot of you have seen the interview clip released earlier today. I have a couple of things to say: 1. I do not take back anything I said, though I do apologize to the network for ruining their interview and 2. Stiles is one of the best people that I know and if anyone wants to talk shit about him or the LGBTQ community in general...Watch yourself.

@user3: I know this is serious but is anyone going to talk about the fact that derek called stiles "one of the best people he knew"

@/StilesStilinski: @user3, I am ready to have a whole conversation about this

               --> @user3: not to be dramatic or anything, but I would literally die for you