Why Wasn't it Me?

A/N: So this is the intro to a 3 part saga. Comment if you want the two other parts. :) :) :)

Stiles collapsed to the hardwood floor of Derek's loft, crying so hard that he had begun to hiccup. His head was pounding from screaming. Even his vision had started to blur. Stiles grabbed at the boards of the floor, searching for something to hold.

Scott slowly lowered himself down to the floor beside his best friend. His heart ached when seeing him cry. He reached out to touch Stiles's shoulder, but he was pulled away by Lydia.

"No," she whispered, "let's give him a minute."

She, along with Scott and the rest of their friends, solemnly exited the apartment and into the hallway. Stiles cries causing tears to pool in even Jackson's eyes. After the door shut with a soft thud, Stiles sobs grew louder, echoing off of the walls.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" He shouted to no one in particular. "It's not fucking fair! Why wasn't it me?"

He threw himself onto Derek's bed, inhaling his smell and trying to pretend like he would open his eyes and Derek would be standing there. He opened his eyes and looked across the room, blinking through his tears. No Derek.

Stiles walked over to a table where a half empty bottle of whiskey sat. He grabbed the neck of the bottle and threw it to the ground as hard as he could. Immediately, the bottle shattered and the golden liquid spilled into a large puddle. Stiles collapsed in the pile of glass, not caring about the tiny pricks that he felt on his legs and palms.

Scott burst through the door with a pained look on his face.

"Stiles? Stiles, oh my god." Both Scott and Jackson ran over to his side and gently tried to pull him out of the glass, even as he struggled in their arms. He wanted to feel something -ANYTHING- other than the feeling of someone gripping his heart and tearing it to pieces. 

Lydia grabbed a towel and tried to soak up the whiskey while Allison delicately picked the glass off the floor and dumped it into the trash can.

"Why wasn't it me?" Stiles cried into Scott's shoulder. "Why did it have to be Derek? It fucking HURTS. I can't- I can't. I can't feel anything other than just pain. Why did he have to die?"

Instead of responding, Scott pulled his best friend into the tightest hug he could. 

If you guys want parts 2 and 3 (or a continuation of the hospital AU) please comment :)