Chapter 18: Awaken

Miraculum's POV

        It's been three days now and Imani still hasn't woken up. Her wounds have grown scabs over then but Eric and Myla kept putting antibiotics or something like that on her wounds to keep them from getting infected. Me and Sparrow never left her side. During the three days though I've gotten to know Sparrow a little better. He seems nice and I think that him and Imani would look cutie together haha. Eric and Myla seem to have grown closer as Eric showed Myla what things are so she doesn't get confused and she's done great so far. I'm still wondering how in the world she got her sight. The doctor's were even confused and couldn't give an answer. Well, not an answer that I understood. All the doctor said was that she might have hit a spot near her brain the controls her ability to see when she hit her head but I don't know. On the fourth day though, Imani gave a soft sigh as she opened her eyes. I was laying down beside her neck when this happened. Sparrow was asleep with his head beside hers, Myla and Eric were sitting on a hay bale asleep with Myla's head on Eric's shoulder. It was a pretty cutie seen. It scared me at first when she sighed for it started like she had taken her last breathe. I had jerked my head and watched as her eyes slowly opened. "Imani!" I barked as I jumped up. Sparrow had woken up as well to her sigh while Eric jumped off the hay bale as he fell to the floor while Myla just shot her eyes open in shock before she giggled at Eric who was on the ground panting. When Myla and Eric saw what was going on they rushed over. "Imani!" Myla called. She knelt down on her knees as she placed one of her hands on Imani's neck, another on her face. Eric knelt down beside her, both looked a bit worried and relieved. I stood at her muzzle wagging my tail. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at all of us for a minute before she gave a soft nicker. "H-hey" she nickered as she lifted her head.

Imani's POV

I was surprised to see everyone around me, even Sparrow. I haven't seen him since the day we were brought here to this ranch. When I lifted my head, I saw Myla's face flow with tears of joy. Her eyes though... She was looking directly at me. Wait, her eyes are silver now. She couldn't have? Where am I? Argh, so many questions that I couldn't tell how to answer them right now. My mind was fuzzy, my body hurt, and I felt kind of tired. I was surprised when Myla hugged my me as Miraculum nuzzled me. "Thank you!" Myla shouted as she cried. "Don't scare us like that again please!" Miraculum barked as she wagged her tail. I was silent for a moment for it took a little to collect my thoughts and figure out what happened. I finally remembered what happened. How am I still alive? I'm pretty sure I lost a lot of blood when the cougar just about had me. It was four whole minutes before Myla finally released her grip. As soon as she did I nuzzled her before I turned to Miraculum and nuzzled her. "What were you thinking when you tried leading that cougar away!" Sparrow snorted as I turned to look at him. "That thing could have killed you" he sighed as he nuzzled me and I nuzzled him back. I heard Miraculum giggle and I turned my head to her only to see she had stopped but was trying to hold back a laugh. "What's so funny?" I asked tilting my head a little. "Nothing" she giggled. I just laughed with her before I turned to Myla. I looked into her silver eyes as she looked into my green eyes. She had definitely got her sight some how for if she were still blind she wouldn't be looking directly in my eyes and her eyes weren't silver before. I nickered and she smiled brightly.

        Soon, the stable doors opened and people came pouring in. Sparrow quickly stood up as did Eric. The first two people to come to the stall were Myla's parents. Myla just smiled at them as her mother came in. I snorted pinning my ears. This was the women that hit me when she caught Myla riding me. It was hard to know if she wanted to hit me again or not. I tried to get to my feet but Myla and Miraculum told me to stay down. Myla's mother watched me as I eyed her. "Come here slowly, she won't hurt you" Myla said as she motioned for her mother to walk over. She did so and the closer she got, the more nervous I got but Myla seemed to trust her mother now. She knelt to the ground and looked at me. We just looked at each other for a while. "Thank you" She finally said, breaking the silence. "For saving my daughters life" she added. It donde on me that she wasn't like how she was the day she hit me. "I'm so sorry for hitting you. Could you forgive me" she pleaded. I read her body language very carefully. Her eyes were full of guilty, worry, love, and appreciation. Her body language said that she wanted my forgiveness and that she was truly sorry for what she did. I nickered softly as I nuzzled her hand that laid in her lap. She smiled as she slowly lifted it and placed it on my face. I caught glimpses of people staring at me then each other.

I snorted as I began to get up. Myla got to her feet and back ups Incase I fell over. Miraculum backed up with her. "take it slow Imani" she said. Sparrow stood to the right of me for support. I got to my feet and stumbled to right but was caught by Sparrow. I snorted as I shook my head and leaned a little on Sparrow. A lot of people gasped and I think the reason for that was either because of how fast I got up or how many cuts I had that had started healing. A strange man shoved his way through the crowd to the stall door before he opened it. Miraculum began to growl as she moved closer to stand by me. Sparrow even snorted as he pinned his ears. "Well, she has made it through" he said, trying to sound amazed but it was failing. "What do you want Mr. Macalister" Eric questioned, sounding both annoyed and angry. "I wanted to see if this mare was awake. Also I wanted to tell you to get her ready for a picture" he ordered. "Picture? Why a picture" Myla asked as she glared at him. "I'm putting it up on the web so everyone can know that she's for sale" he answered without hesitation. I was shocked! Sold! Again!? After what I did to try and save this town ranch he wants to sell me?! "What?!" Myla's mother gasped. "Your can't do that!" Myla was furious now. "You have no right to sell her! She just saved this town!" Eric was furious as well, what ever was their first reason for being mad at him, I had a reason to be mad at this Macalister. I snorted as I pinned my ears. "Yes I do. This mare has been nothing but trouble for us. She injured crew members, just about got Myla killed, oh an the ridiculous vet bill!" Is he serious?! Myla took a step forward. "It wasn't her fault we went out there! I took her out because I couldn't live without her here! I didn't want to be separated from her!" Myla would have lunged at him if it wasn't for her mother who stood beside her. "Mr. Macalister, this horse saved my daughters life by risking her own" she argued. "She even risked her life by leading the cougar away from the ranch" Eric added. Macalister looked around at the other people that stared back at him before he looked back at Eric. There was no way for him to win from what I've heard so far. "Haven't you forgotten how aggressive she is towards us" Macalister snapped as he gave a slight smirk. "The only reason she was aggressive was because she was never gentled and shown that humans weren't cruel like the men YOU bought her from! She only reacted to me like how she did was because I was treating her as if she were a gentled horse that knew better, but she wasn't!" Everyone else began talking amongst each other. I caught a few phrases like "he bought them?" And "why does he want to sell her now?" Macalister tensed a little. He became so nervous that he was sweating and even shifting his weight. "I have the right to sell her since I naught her, so I say she is being sold" he tried to add as if it would help his case. I snorted. He didn't own me just because he paid for me! I am a wild horse of the Mexican prairie herd! First born daughter of BlackStone and older sister of Flash! I am owned by no one! Especially this man! I snorted as I stomped the ground of my stall. Macalister flinched as he stepped back. I wanted so badly to kick him in the face but that would support his case on saying I was an aggressive beast and I was also to injured to do much of anything. "You can't sell Imani! She is a hero and I'm sure the rest of the town ranch feels the same way" Myla fired back at him. She was willing to fight. "And since you don't want her, I'll take her" she added. "Why would a girl want a horse like this" he groaned as he rolled his eyes. I stamped at him as Miraculum took a few steps closer to him as she was growling. "Because, you don't want her, I do, and because I intend to love her while you have just ignored her" she snapped. "Another reason is because Miraculum and I will run away with her again. I'm not going to loose her. Also, I can report you to the police" she said as she crossed her arms. Myla meant business. Macalister had lost his ground. He had people who were hanging up on him with Myla and Eric. He was also running out of things that could back him up. He had no choice. "Alright" he sighed, he wasn't happy but he had no choice. Macalister groaned as he shoved his way through the crowd and left after he handed her the papers he had that had information on me. Myla was excited again and so was I. Myla now had ownership of me and I was proud to call her my owner even though I'm still wild inside.