Chapter 26: New Information

(Above is Canción, picture isn't mine)

      It was a long drive from the ranch town to the boarders of Mexico. It was probably a good four hours maybe three but we finally made it and are now in Mexico. I can't believe I'm gonna be able to see Flash again! I wonder how he's done as lead stallion. How do I know if he's lead stallion? Simple. Dad's always wanted him as the next lead stallion and with me gone and dad started to get old, he has to have had Flash step up as lead stallion. I wonder who he chose as lead mare. Many fillies in the herd had a crush on him and I don't think he liked any of them. I was so excited that I couldn't sleep the whole trip. I had my eyes wide open and watching the passing cars, trucks, and open fields that belong to different animals. I could see a few different species like some deer and different birds like vaulters, hawks, and road runners as we drove by.

It took another hour or two till we got to where our destination. As soon as the trailer and truck came to a stop I heard Myla jump out of the truck and saw her rush over to a women who seemed to be Myla's mothers age but younger. "Aunt Kara!" I saw her wrap her arms around the women who hugged Myla and seemed to have a huge smile on her face. "I've missed you so much Myla" the women said before letting go of her and looking at Myla. "My look how you've grown and how beautiful your eyes are" she said admiring her. I snorted as I stomped the ground of the trailer wanting out. Myla laughed with her aunt once they heard me complain before they walked over. Miraculum was already out and head greeted Kara while Eric opened the trailer and took Sparrow out first. I neighed my displeasure of waiting as I wanted out to feel the ground of my home land beneath my hooves and take in the fresh air. Myla walked in the trailer and lead me out by my lead rope before she walked over to Kara who looked at me in shock. "Aunt Kara, this is Eric" she said as Eric tied Sparrow's lead line to the near by post. "Pleasure to meet you ma'am" he said as he walked over and shook Kara's hand. "Thanks again for letting me and Sparrow come along" he said with a smile that was returned by Kara. "Oh your very welcome. I rarely get company out here so the more the merrier" she cheered. Wow, for a women who looks to be in her thirties she's very cheerful. She calmed down as she looked at me and seemed to look me in my eyes. "And this is Imani" Myla introduced me while Kara just walked closer to me and gently laid a hand on my face. I flinched at first but her touch was soft like Myla's. "You've grown so much" she sighed as she ran her hand up and down my face before looking at my neck. "Aunt Kara?" Myla was confused and so was everyone else including me. I've never seen this women in my life, much less knew of her existence. "Umm, how do you know Imani? I've never brought her here before till today" Myla said as she looked at the marking that Kara was staring at. It was what Flash and Miraculum described as a heart like marking, something I shared with my mother. "This mare of yours, I saw her when she was just a few days old" Kara said with a smile as she stroked my neck. I just watched her as if she were a crazy mad women. "What?" Kara kept the smile on her face and it looked like a tear was ready to slip down her cheek. "You look so much like your mother" she added and that scared me. I snorted and froze with my ears perked high in the air. This women knew my mother!? Everyone was speechless and it was like Kara could read my mind or someone else's. "Yes I knew her mother. Her mother was my horse that I raised since she was just a newborn foal" she said with a smile. "Clover was the sweetest and bravest horse anyone could ask for" she began. "I moved out here the day I found out that Clover wasn't happy with living in a stall all the time. I wanted the best for her so I let her go right here" she sobbed but still seemed to have a sad smile on her face. "She made her way to the nearby herd which she joined. I always went to visit and eventually I saw her new born foal" she said before gesturing towards me. I was frozen in shock as I listened. "Wait, So Clover wasn't a born wild horse?" Kara looked at Myla quickly. "Not by blood, but by spirit" she said with a smile. "Any horse can be born into a different environment, but what makes a wild horse is its spirit" she explained. Everyone was silent for a good while.