Chapter 22: Crazy Start

Today is the day! The day of the competition! I have to admit I was nervous but I hid it well. I was in the trailer beside Sparrow and on the rode to where ever this competition is. Myla, Miraculum, and Eric were in the truck that was pulling this trailer. I'm not sure why Sparrow came with us but I think its because he wouldn't settle down when Myla took me out of the pasture that morning and brought me to the trailer. I'm glad he came though, I'd probably be very nervous for the trailer ride. I still don't like them. The ride was said to last for maybe two or three hours. It feels like its lasted all day though.

        I was awoken by Sparrow's muzzle gently nudging me. "We're here" he said softly as I opened my eyes. I lifted my head and looked out the window to see a strange building and a lot of trailers. I was shocked! "This place is huge!" I looked towards the car to see Miraculum's white and black face poked out of the back window and looked around then towards my window, her tongue hanging out and her ears perked. I bet my life on it that her tail is wagging like crazy. I laughed. "Don't jump out of the truck and go running around all the trailers now" I teased and she smiled tilting her head. "Aww, but that takes away all the fun" she whined but still had a smile on her face. The trailer came to a stop soon once we were in a parking spot. "Finally, we made it" Myla sighed as she jumped out of the passenger seat of the truck. Eric got out of the drivers seat with a smile as Myla opened the back door for Miraculum who flew out of the truck. It's like she had wings haha. "That was fun!! Can we go again?!" Miraculum barked jumping around while her tail went in circles. "You can go for another car ride when we go home" Sparrow snorted shaking his head. The trailer door opened and Eric lead Sparrow out first before Myla came and lead me out. She tied my lead rope to the right side of the trailer before she put a sky blue collar around Miraculum's neck. It suit her. "Nice collar" I nickered with a smile, my ears perked. She smiled and began to strut around as if she were the queen of England. All of us laughed as she rolled onto her back and looked like an innocent puppy. "come on Miraculum, lets go check the place out" Myla said as she bent down and rubbed her belly. Miraculum wagged her tail before she got up and barked happily. Myla turned to me with her beautiful silver eyes. "I'll be back soon" she said petting my muzzle before her and Eric began walking towards the building. Miraculum turned to me with her ears perked. "If you need me, just call" she said and I nodded. "Come on Mira" Eric called and Miraculum barked and ran to them before she walked right beside Myla's legs.

I watched them till they disappeared behind a trailer. I sighed before I looked around with my ears perked. This place was a bit strange. There are more horses here than there would be in a single herd. "This place is huge" I said softly before looking at Sparrow who looked at me. "Yeah, this is how big competitions are" he nickered. I was a bit shocked. "I thought this was a small competition" I said. Sparrow shook his head. "No, this is a competition with different events" he nickered happily. "What kind of events?" I was curious now. "Well, you have jumping, dressage, and I believe barrel racing but the first two for sure" he said softly. hmm, this is interesting. three different events held in one area. I couldn't wait to check out this place!

It was what felt like an hour before I heard Myla, Eric, and Miraculum coming back. Miraculum barked happily as she rushed between Myla and towards me. My lead line was very loose so I was able to lower my head to her level. She nuzzled me as Myla and Eric were slowly making their way over to us. "What was in there?" I looked at Miraculum who now stood where both me and Sparrow could see her. "Well, there were a LOT of people and dogs, all signing in for their events. They are setting up the arena for dressage first so your going first Sparrow" she smirked as she looked at him. He perked his ears in shock. "Eric entered?" I wasn't that surprised. I had a feeling Eric would enter but Sparrow didn't. "Then once dressage is done, jumping is next" she continued, her tail wagging. "Sweet" I neighed happily. I heard Myla laugh as her and Eric came to stand beside us. I looked at her and she stroked my muzzle. "We can go for a small ride around while we wait, should help warm you up" she said softly as she grabbed a brush and began brushing the dust out of my coat. I enjoyed the brushing. She smiled as she pat my side and put the blue saddle pad and the black saddle on. I have gotten very used to this tack that I don't even feel it. She put my blue leg wraps on before she put my black bridle on my face. I snorted as I shook my head. The bridle is still uncomfortable but I don't mind it. I looked over at Sparrow and saw him tacked up as well. I looked down at Miraculum who was laying on her belly. "You coming to?" She nodded as she panted and wagged her tail.