Chapter 14: Jaque's Gone

Jaque's P.O.V

Once I collapsed on my bed in tears, I felt myself break down. I feel broken, scared, helpless, useless. I felt myself losing control, my element coming out of me. Taking control over my body, I didn't bother to stop it. I forgot about my emotions, of they get too strong, so will my powers. I felt the fire taking over me like a puppet.

My eyes turned bloodshot red instead of the bright sunset orange. My instincts became sharper, my hearing better. I felt like a monster ( frozen heh heh). I looked at myself in the mirror, my hair had gone loose and falls down my back. I changed into my jeans, a white tank, and my sneakers.

I sneaked down to the stables outside of the sanctuary. I'm just going to run away. I can feel my eyes still red as I hop on Flames, I quietly rode out of the stables and to the woods, leaving the big mansion far away behind me. I started to cry, I'm sorry guys, I just can't put you through that danger, I thought to myself. Maybe one day I will come back.

I had packed some supplies, I had found the armour I had wore in the dream and took it. I will finish my training on my own, and I will keep my friends safe. Especially Fane, I couldn't bear if anything happened to him, that's how much I love him.

My eyes are still bloodshot red from the anger I had. Now I can feel my eyes turn to orange again. I felt a whole new rush of tears go through me. I buried my head into Flames mane, crying as he is galloping through the pitch Black Forest. I found a cave deep in the woods, far enough from the sanctuary.

I will make this my home from now on. I hope the others will understand someday.

Lily's P.O.V

We looked everywhere for Jaque. We checked the training room, weapons room, meeting room, our room, any possible room. But there is one place we forgot to check, the stables. We ran to them stables and checked Flames stall, he wasn't there, all there is is his saddle and reins. The halter and lead are missing. We ran to where our grandparents showed us where our armour is, her armour is gone.

We called Chamie to get our grandparents to the meeting room, she obeyed. We got in a minute before them. They looked panicked and worried.

"What is it? What's wrong?" They questioned.

"Jaque's gone!" I said in a shaking voice. After I said that, I dropped down to my knees crying, I can't believe I lost my best friend. I don't know if she ran away or got kidnapped. I felt two pairs of arms hug me, I realize that it is Fane and Sage. I couldn't imagine what pain Fane is gong through, he had just lost the one he loved his girlfriend. I noticed both of them are crying also. Our grandparents looked at us filled with sadness and sorrow.

-A week later-

We continued open with our training and searched for Jaque. We haven't seen any sign of her, we were never the same without her. We didn't laugh as much, we didn't smile a lot. Our hearts still filled with sadness, it feels like a piece of me is missing. Without her, we can't complete the bind, so we can't be bound. Sage, Fane, and I comforted each other. All we can do is hope that she is alive and one day we will find her.

Fane cried all week, so did I and Sage. We just lost our best friend, we all blamed ourselves. We should've been there for her. Our grandparents comforted us, telling us it wasn't our fault, or our doing. All week, I had only two words in my mind:

Jaque's gone.

Hey everybody, so I decided to do this. Sage, Lily, and Fane think Jaque is dead. Now I'm going to bump it to a year later, so they are seventeen years old. Enjoy!