Chapter 22: Jaque's Dead

Jaque's P.O.V

I can feel sadness and anger rush through me. I knew they had found my note, that's why I am feeling their emotions. Then I felt something else, hope. They must be coming after me, so u ran faster. I started hearing hoof beats, the horses, dang it! They took the horses, then I heard voices. I hear Luke's voice, great they took a tracker. I skidded to a stop and put up a fire wall to block their path. Just as I finished, the came up. The four stopped the horses and dismounted. I am right up to the wall, Fane walked over to face me. Orange and red light casts over our faces.

I look to his face and I see worry and sadness etched on his face, but a little bit of anger. I look at him sorrowfully, as if I'm trying to say sorry with my eyes without saying it. My eyes had stopped glowing, so have the others. I look down, the ground becoming very interesting. I keep looking at the ground when Fane speaks.

"Jaque, come back with us. We can take Stephen together, we don't want the nightmares to come true. None of us will get hurt. Please, I'm begging you, come back!"

I look up and see a stray tear going down his face. I put my arm through the fire, I can because I am immune to the heat. I reach his face and wipe it away gently, he puts his hand on mine, I can feel his grip tighten. I shake my head no and let my skit heat up a bit. His hand lurches back and I run. I run from them so I can finish Stephen Dark.

Fane's P.O.V

I watch as my girlfriend runs away from us. I see she is heading towards the meadow where we all hanged out, I lighten up a bit but I quickly go back to a frown. I had forgotten about the fire wall Jaque had left to block us. There is no way we can go through it, we'd burn our skin. I started to walk away, but I stop when I see Sage go near the fire.

"We need to freeze it!" Sage said.

"What?" I questioned.

"We need to freeze the fire." He says again.

"How?" Lily asks.

"I need Fane's help with that." Then I immediately got what he is saying. He put up a water wall in the fire and I used air to cool it. It go so cold that it froze. The ice is thin so I kicked it and it broke. We told Luke to bring the horses back and get our grandparents as soon as possible. We started running at full speed towards the meadow, until we got blocked by shadows, causing me to get split up from Lily and Sage.

Jaque's P.O.V

I reached the meadow and looked around. After seeing it is clear, I walked to the middle of the clearing.

"Ah, I see you have come!" I turn around and I see my least favourite person, Stephen Dark. My hood is still over my face, I can feel my eyes start to glow orange.

"Now, if I come with you. My friends and family won't get hurt?" I snarled.

"Yes, they won't get hurt." He said smirking, holding his hand out to me. I was about to take my hand to his when I heard a scream. I know that scream, Lily. I yanked my hand away and started attacking him.

"YOU SAID THEY WOULDN'T BE HARMED!" I yelled in fury. I made my bow appear in my hand, readying it to attack with fire arrows. Stephen backed away, looking at me, slightly afraid. Then he smirked, I looked to the corner of my eye and saw Logan running to the treeline. I quickly drew my hand back on the string of my bow as an arrow form and shot.

It landed in Logan's leg, he fell in pain. After that was finished, I looked back to Stephen. He looked angry and wanted revenge. I had harmed his son. He snaps his head to me, he looks at me with anger and pain. He attacks with ice shards, I dodge them and attack arrows. We keep on going, until the nightmares came true and I screamed. Pain burst from my side.

Lily's P.O.V
Sage and I just took down two shadows. We high fives each other but our happy moment was interrupted by a scream and Fane racing past us. Sage and I gave each other a glance and ran after Fane. We all knew who's scream that was, Jaque. The three of us reached the treeline and saw Jaque holding her side weakly. Stephen only at lest ten feet away.

Sage and I ran towards Stephen while Fane went to Jaque. We trade him some sort of cage for the time being. I turned around and from what I saw, I burst into tears.

Jaque's P.O.V
As soon as the ice shard connected with my side, pain erupted my body. I held my side weakly, trying to stop the blood. I hear rustling from the tree line and see Fane, Lily, and Sage there. I start to fall, the ground coming closer, I feel myself hit the grass.

Something is trickling down the corner of my mouth, I know it's blood. My hand slips from my side and a crimson pool starts to form. I feel someone lift my upper body, kneeling beside me. I turn my head with the strength I have and see my boyfriend, Fane. Tears are running down his cheeks, silently coming down.

"Your going to be okay. Your going to live. Please, don't go, don't die. Your going to keep in living with us." He cried. I lift my hand and slightly shake my head. I feel the life slip out of me, my eyes starting to feel heavy. I muster all the strength I have left and say the three words I wanted to say to him.

"I love you," I whipsered. As those words left my lips, my eyes closed and I was greeted with darkness.

Fane's P.O.V
"I love you," she whispered. Then her hand fell from my cheek, her eyes closed, and her head lolled back. Her skin had paled and went cold, the colour left her cheeks. I pressed a soft kiss on her lips and gently laid her down on the grass. I look to Lily and Sage, I say the two words I have never wanted to say.

"Jaque's dead." I chocked.