Chapter 21: Jaque's Gone! AGAIN!!!!

Lily's P.O.V

I wake up to hear faint screaming. I look at the digital clock beside me with blurry vision. The red numbers become clear and I read the time, 1:00AM. I hear the screaming now but louder, I look around no ones here. There it goes again but louder, then I recognize it. JAQUE!!! I race out of my room to the door beside mine, I barge through and see Jaque in her bed screaming and crying.

"JAQUE, JAQUE. WAKE UP!" I yelled, shaking her shoulders. I saw her armour flashing on and off of her. Are started getting worried. I ran to Fane's room and found both boys in there, Fane on the bed and Sage on the floor. I woke them both up. Once I mentioned Jaque, Fane bolted out the door to Jaque's room, Sage and I race after him. We run in to see Fane hugging Jaque and tears streaming down her face, hearing her whimpering softly. She is still asleep, but the next thing she said scared me.

"To keep my friends and family safe!" She murmured. Sage, Fane, and I stared at each other wide eyed.

Jaque's P.O.V

I snap my eyes open to feel strong arms around me. I look and I am in a sitting position with Fane's arms wrapped around me. Tears are streaming down my face and my heart is beating fast. I look around and see Sage and Lily there also, but their eyes wide. I look up at Fane and see his eyes are wide also, then he looked down. Fear and worry filled his grayish-whitish eyes.

"What happened?" He asked.

"You were screaming and crying in your sleep!" Lily added. I told them about my dream and Stephen's request. They listened keenly, catching every detail.

"So you are saying that we were dead!" Sage said. I nodded, a new stream of silent tears coming down my cheeks. This is what I feared one year ago, this is why I left. To keep them safe from Stephen, he knew he could get to me by using them. Our grandparents had told us that he will target us one by one. He is obviously going after the element of fire first.

After that, we all went back to bed, but in my room. I pulled out the mattress from underneath my bed for Lily and Sage, Fane is with me. After a few minutes of laying back down, I fell asleep.

The next time I woke up, no one was there. I found a note saying that they went to tell our grandparents and telling me to stay put. Ugh! Why? They know I can stay in one place for very long. I'm very figity. I started thinking about the request. Fane, Lily, and Sage begged me not to go. They don't want to lose me for another year, or possibly, forever. I told them I wouldn't go but I'm not at ease. His threat is still on my mind of him killing everyone I love.He said to meet him in the meadow, I assume he meant tonight. How do I get away, I'm sorry guys. I got up and flashed my armour attire on me. My hair weaves itself into the loose side braid with my right eye kind of covered. My black hood pulled over my face and my orange eyes glowed under the shade. I wrote a note and climbed out of my window.

I reached the stables but then thought, they would expect me to take Flames. So I left him there and ran, I ran until I couldn't see the Santurary no more. I hear the alarm going off, saying someone escaped, mainly, me.

Sage's P.O.V

Fane, Lily, and I just finished telling our grandparent about Jaque's dream. They didn't have good expressions on their faces, Fane asked what's wrong and we didn't like the answer.

"This dream of hers was caused by Stephen. He showed her an illusion of what might happen if she didn't obey him. She loves you guys and will do anything to keep you safe even though you can defend yourselves. We all know Jaque accepted the request and will go, even though she said she wouldn't. You have to make sure she won't leave this building, if she does, she could be killed!" Grandmother Timberwood explained. We all nodded and then the alrms went off.

Fane, Lily, and I gave each other worried glances. We darted back to the chambers and barged into Jaque's room. Her window was open and a note was laying on her bed. I picked it up and read aloud.

Dear Fane, Lily, and Sage,

I am sorry I have broken my promise to you guys, but I can't bear the thought of you guys being dead. I want to guys to be safe and sound. I know he will come after you guys in time, but it's obvious that he is after fire first. If I kill him, he won't be after us. Even if I die in the process, I'll be at ease knowing you three will be safe. I love you guys, please don't follow me for your own safety.

Love,

Jaque Timberwood

I finished reading it and looked at Fane and Lily with worry on my face. They are worried too, I cane feel the emotion flow through our bond, but then I felt a pang of sadness. That didn't come from any of us, it came from Jaque.

"Jaque's gone, again!" I said, my voice shaky. Next thing I know, I flash my armour on, the hood covering the top part of my face with my blue eyes glowing. Fane and Lily following suit, Lily's light brown hair ties itself into a side ponytail. We race out of the room and down the hall to find Luke and Brooke. We asked Luke to track Jaque for us and he accepted, Brooke gave us an encouraging smile. We run to the stables, get the horses, and ride off to find our best friend.