Chapter 1

Alex

It had been two months since Aven's defeat when she and her friends decided on their future. Jordan, D.C., Bear, Declan, Kaiden and herself were chatting in the girls' dorm, when Jordan asked Alex what she would do now that Aven was no longer a threat. "Well, I was planning on staying here and hopefully get a spot as an apprentice, but if that doesn't happen, then I don't know what I'll do," she said.

"What about Freya? Are you going back?" asked Bear. He was sitting on the edge of Alex's bed beside Declan, who was fiddling with the edge of the blanket. The weak afternoon sun was shining through the window, silhouetting the six friends. At the mention of Freya, Jordan visibly perked up, sitting upright so fast that D.C. fell off his chest with a groan.

"Can you take us to Freya, Alex?" he pleaded, his eyes wide with excitement. "Please, Alex? Pretty, pretty, please?" He had jumped off D.C.'s bed and was literally grovelling at his best friend's feet, much to Alex's and everyone else's amusement.

Declan, who had stayed silent for a while, focused on her, too. "Yeah Alex, would it be possible to take us to Freya for a bit? Just for a while, you know." He was slightly bouncing up and down on the bed with eager anticipation, before continuing, "even if it's just for, like, a day trip." But his tone of voice and his expression told Alex that he wanted anything but a day trip.

Just then, an idea came to Alex's mind before finally saying, "let me talk to Darrius about it, first." She looked at Kaiden, who smiled at her gently (he knew what she was going to try and do, with one of his multiple gifts being intuition), before standing up to plant a kiss on her forehead before ushering her out of the door because she would be keeping everybody else waiting. With a final roll of her eyes, Alex pushed open the door of her and D.C.'s dorm room before stepping out into the corridor and heading over to the headmaster's tower. 

Hi everyone! I'm really sorry that all my chapters are going to be short-ish, but I hope I'll be updating regularly, so please if you could just out up with this for a bit, that would mean a lot to me. Thank you all!