Chapter 18

Avery

"Eric! Get your sorry arse over here!" yelled Avery. She was done. She was done the moment Evelyn had exposed her in the cafeteria at lunch. Just before Avery was about to reveal her master plan (don't think I forgot about that! Well... I actually kind of did XD). But a feeling of worry and dread was starting to form deep down inside her. What if Alex and Evelyn team up to spill more of my secrets? She shook her head, clearing herself from such thoughts. And just in time too, as Eric responded to her earlier call and came barging into the empty classroom that Avery was now pacing in. He strode into the room and plonked himself down onto one of the desks but didn't interrupt Avery's pacing.

After a while, Eric started to get restless, and spoke. "Avery, why did you call me here?" he asked, his voice quiet but his tone edged with a hardness Avery didn't recognise. He didn't like his best friend's schemes, but he knew it was the only way to get Alex.

"We need to stop them." Avery's quiet voice rang through the room.

By "them", Eric assumed she meant Alex, her friends, and Evelyn. "Why?"

"Are you questioning my motives?" she snapped.

Eric was now fed up. "Yes. I am. I'm sick and tired of your little plans, Aves. Why are you doing this?"

"I thought you would respect my decision."

"Why are you doing this?"

"Why aren't you supporting this?"

"Stop changing the subject, Aves."

"ENOUGH!" she yelled. "I'm sick of your crap. Get out," She pointed towards to the door, "before I make you."

Eric knew he had crossed the line this time. But it didn't matter. This wasn't the girl he knew from a few years ago; this was a cruel, possibly sadistic young woman who would do anything she could to get what she wanted. This was someone he knew deep down inside that he shouldn't be near, even though she had what he wanted. Alex. Oh, just why did Avery have to be some sort of evil mastermind who had a plan for literally every little thing that bothered her? Why wouldn't she just let things blow over, or just let go of a few things in her life? Why did she need everything she wanted? Why did he have to be part of her plan, a plan to get Kaiden? Why did he have to be involved? He knew he wanted Alex, but he also knew that this was not the way he should get her. No. He would make a stand.

"Did you not her me? I said get out!" Avery, who had been sitting down on the teacher's desk, stood up and pointed to the door again.

Eric trudged slowly towards the door, hoping to annoy Avery even more. "Fine," he said. "But when even more people get hurt and your whole plan backfires, just don't come crying back to me." The last thing Eric saw before he slammed the door on Avery was her shocked face morphing into a look of pure hatred and revenge.

Oh crap, he thought, what have I done?

Oh. My. God. I am sooooo sorry for not updating until now. You can't really blame me; I had to suffer through exam week, and all the drama that came with it (don't ask). But now, I think I should be writing more often, since I have a one week holiday (also don't ask). I was also thinking of writing a Miraculous Ladybug fanfic about my theories on Season 3, especially since I saw the new Season 3 episode Timebreaker. Yeah, you can call me a child for watching MLB, but honestly, there are people much older than me out there who still watch it and write about it, so yeah. I'm sorry this is short, but I couldn't think of anything else I could have put in here. Sorry. :/