Chapter 4

Kaiden

As everyone emerged on the other side, it took a moment for everyone to realise that they were actually in Freya. Where no Medoran had stepped foot into before. So, that made them the first Medorans ever to come here, Kaiden thought. Where they appeared was very empty in terms of people. And in terms of buildings, too. It seemed that they had landed on a beach, very clean, with the turquoise waves crashing against the shore in the incoming tide. Across from them, about thirty metres away, stood a modest little house that overlooked the glistening sea. Alex had begun to walk towards it, and Kaiden and the rest followed her.

"This is so pretty!" D.C. exclaimed, twirling around in the white sand. She looked like she was enjoying herself already, her red hair flying around her face as the wind started blowing across the vast stretch of beach.

"Yeah, well it's not like you can't get beaches in Medora, too," argued Declan, "but there's a feeling about this place that's different from anything else I've felt before."

Kaiden quickened his pace and caught up to Alex, who had reached the front of the house and was opening the door with a small key she had produced from her pocket. "Thank you," he murmured to her, and at his words, she just looked up at him in surprise.

"Why are you thanking me, Kaid?" she asked, her long brown hair blowing across her face. With a small "ugh", she pushed it away, much to Kaiden's amusement. Before he could respond to her question, she shouted over the wind, "come on, guys! Let's get inside and unpack! We can come out again later, 'kay?" She held open the door open as all her friends streamed into the house, and she and Kaiden entered last. Inside, the walls were plain, but they held quite a lot of photos, of Alex's family when she was young, and pictures of her as she grew up. There were collective "whoa"s from her friends, but she was just amazed at how this place actually felt like home. They were in the living room, with its plush leather sofas, a coffee table in front of the TV, and a few glass cabinets featuring some of her parents' archaeological finds. She led her friends through to the kitchen/dining area, with Kaiden's arm around her waist. Out of the corner of his eye, Kaiden could see Declan chattering excitedly to Bear, and Jordan and D.C. were doing their own little thing as well.

The kitchen was a gorgeous little area, with quaint wooden cupboards and polished countertops, complete with an oven, stove, microwave and other kitchen accessories (sorry, I'm not great at kitchen-related stuff). Alex finally showed everyone to their respective bedrooms upstairs. There were three bedrooms in total, with a queen-sized bed in each room. "Okay, everyone, choose who you want to bunk with," she announced, waiting for everyone to decide.