Chapter 2

Darrius

A knock on his tower door in the late afternoon brought Darrius back out of his daydream. "Come in," he called, before the visitor could knock again. The door creaked open and Alex popped her head in, and when she saw the room was empty, only then did she fully come in to his office. "Yes, Alex? What can I do for you today? Come have a seat." As he said that, she slid the door closed and plonked herself down on the chair opposite his grand desk.

"Well," she started, looking a bit lost, "I don't really know how to put this, but would it be possible if me and my friends went to Freya for a few days, just for a little break?" She was definitely nervous now, especially since she was contemplating his answer. She probably felt as if she would be letting her friends down if she went back with a "no" for an answer, but she still waited patiently for his answer, nonetheless. "I have a place there where we could stay. It's big enough to fit all of us. And it should be no problem for us to get around, since I remember my way," she added, if not hesitantly.

He heard her take a deep breath when he opened his mouth to answer, but obviously it wasn't the answer she was expecting. "Yes, you can go back to Freya with your friends. You can be gone for however long you like, provided you will be back by the start of next term, which is two months away. You can leave whenever you like; I will inform all your teachers about your trip as soon as possible."

Her smile was so bright it almost, almost, blinded Darrius as she leaned over the desk to give him a very awkward over-the-desk hug. "Thank you, thank you so, so, so much!" She squealed. "I'll be sure to tell everyone immediately, as I'm pretty sure that Jordan, Bear, and Declan will be dying to go." As she spun away and started making her way to the door, she turned her head and said over her shoulder, "once again, Darrius, thank you so much." After that, her beaming smile, her twinkling brown eyes and her slightly wavy hair that tumbled around her face was the one image that stayed in his mind and kept a smile on his face for the rest of the day.

Her World (TMC Fanfiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara