Chapter 7

Evelyn (my own character)

Evelyn Hamilton didn't really like school. It was too boring, too repetitive. Nothing exciting. So, she was trudging through the gates of Oakwood High School when she first saw them. A group of six teenagers, whom she had never seen before; two girls and four guys. They were standing in the middle of the main courtyard, looking incredibly lost. Out of curiosity, she edged a bit closer to the group, trying to stay out of their sight.

"I thought you supposedly knew this place, Alex," the tall blond guy, sounding quite annoyed.

"But the fun part of school here is just waltzing your way in and winging it," replied the brown haired girl, Alex, who had her hand linked with another guy's. Evelyn couldn't see their faces, as their backs were turned, but from what she could see of the group, they were all very close friends and would do anything for each other. "Come on, let's go get our timetables and whatnot from the headmaster," Alex said, before she and the group turned around, walking up towards the front doors of the school building. Evelyn quickly used this moment to study the new group. Well, there was Alex, the girl with brown hair, chocolate warm brown eyes, a splash of freckles across her cheeks and nose, and from the way she carried herself, you could easily tell that if you messed with her, you were dead one way or another. Next to her, was a tall, slightly muscular (but still perfect) looking guy, with dark hair and the most amazing blue eyes Evelyn had ever seen. Just the sight of him was enough to take her breath away. Then there was the blond dude that Alex had been speaking to earlier, tall, with blue eyes that had a very mischievous glint in them, a glint that was somehow reflected in how he smiled, making him look like a (quite attractive) monkey who was going to do something cheeky. His arm was around the waist of a pretty, slim, red-headed girl. She had very pretty blue-green eyes, and she was joking around with a boy who looked like Alex's brother: brown hair, warm brown eyes, tanned skin. He had hands linked with the final member of the group, a tall, muscular guy with a dark complexion and close-cropped dark hair. Within moments, they had vanished through the doors, but not before that Alex girl turned and gave Evelyn a pointed look, like she knew that she had been kind of listening in to her group's conversation.

By lunchtime, practically the whole school knew of the newcomers. There were whispers in the lunch hall, stares and more whispers every time the group walked past in the corridors, going from lesson to lesson. But the group never seemed unnerved. They just minded their own business, keeping to themselves. It wasn't until lunch that one of the fifth year girls made a move. "Hey, you," she drawled, pointing to the dark-haired, blue-eyed boy. "Kaiden, right?" she asked.

Just your typical high-school drama... I guess? I keep on feeling that these chapters keep on getting longer and longer. Hope you enjoyed!