Chapter 13

Eric (new character)

Eric so happened to be passing by when he first saw her. This mysterious Alex girl. Who was she, and where did she come from? he thought. It's just like she and her friends just... appeared out of nowhere. And when Eric saw Alex beating up Avery, the girl who Eric could automatically see was trying to go for her boyfriend, Eric just knew that Alex needed to belong to him. Sure, he was the most popular boy in school, and sure, all the girls literally chased him around and worshipped the very ground he walked upon, and sure, he had dated, like, all the popular and pretty girls in the school (and outside too), but just one passing glance and Eric knew that he had immediately fallen for this girl. And fallen hard. He didn't care where she came from, but he knew that this was his first real crush in ages. Maybe even his first one. Eric was there during the race between Avery and Alex, and he understood that Avery wanted Kaiden, Alex's boyfriend, just as much as Eric himself wanted Alex.

So that was why he was sitting on the edge of the infirmary bed, the very same one that Avery was lying in, all because he had a plan. He and Avery knew each other quite well, they had dated each other just two years ago until another boy had caught her fancy. He had been hurt when she left, but it wasn't a huge deal as he didn't really like like her. She was more of a... close female friend. And she still was. But when she woke up, sitting up on the infirmary bed, she looked at him as if she would never expect him of all people to be there. He had been hunched on the end of the bed, facing the wall opposite the bed, but when he heard Avery stirring, he turned around. Her stormy grey eyes met his brown ones, and her gaze lightened as if she was actually glad he was there. But then she narrowed her eyes with suspicion, and a frown creased her brow.

"Why are you really here?" she inquired. At his blank look, she ploughed on. "C'mon, Eric. I know you. You wouldn't be here just to ask me how I'm feeling," she concluded, sitting up straighter with help from him in the process. "So, what's your game, and what's it in for me?" She was now sitting up on the edge of the bed next to Eric, who was keeping a close eye on her in case she fainted again.

Eric sighed in defeat and looked up at her. "Fine, you win. I do have something planned." Avery hunched over, looking bored already. "Hey! You don't know that my plan is going to be boring, so quit acting like it!" She mumbled a quick apology, but still looked bored. "C'mon Ave, you want Kaiden, don't you?" At the mention of Kaiden's name, she sat up so straight so fast that she almost made Eric jump.

"Ok, so what's your idea?" she asked, sounding desperate. "Seriously, Eric, tell me, tell me now!" Avery sounded like a child whining about something they couldn't have.

Eric just chuckled at her behaviour. "So, I was thinking," he leaned closer and whispered in her ear. Every few moments, Avery's newly developed grin was getting wider and wider with everything Eric had to say. Her eyes lit up with glee as he finished, before she threw her arms around him, also verbalising her thanks before sauntering out the infirmary, saying something about putting the new plan into action.

Hey guys! So how do y'all feel about the new character? Yay or nay? Also, at the end of this story, if - and when - I get to it , I might do a 'beat-up whichever character you want from this story' chapter. So if you think I should do that, just let me know. Aaannnd I guess I'll put more details for that in the coming chapters. So if you want to be part of the 'character beat-up' at the end, stay tuned and always check these little end-of-chapter updates. Wow. I sound like I work at a radio station or something, which I don't. So I'm just going to stop talking. Bye.