The Bank Heist (1)

On the 12th hour of the first day of October 1989, 43 women around the world gave birth.This was unusual only in the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day first began.Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer, resolved to locate and adopt as many of the children as possible. He got eight of them.

*At the Bank*

"This is Jim Hellerman, reporting live for Channel 2 News outside of the Capital West bank at Main and Sixth.A group of heavily armed men stormed the bank not three hours ago and took an unknown number of hostages.""Hey, get them behind the counter! Now you've put me in a position where I gotta do something I don't want to do," Says one of the men. He notices a little school girl with dark curly hair by herself, wearing a strange mask. "Hmm? Shit! Hey, get back with the others.""I heard a rumor."The girl says quietly."What? What did you say?" The man asks, leaning down. "I heard a rumor that you shot your friend in the foot." The girl finishes with a devilish smile. The men turns to his friend, gun pointed. "Hey, dude."His friend says cautiously as the gun goes off.What the hell? Outside, the anchorman can be heard, "We just heard shots from inside the bank.It's uncertain if any hostages have been harmed in that."

"Up there!"Says the man behind the camera," There's some movement on the roof. Possibly law enforcement."A boy in a maching uniform to the previously mentioned girl runs through simply stating, "Guns are for sissies. Real men throw knives." Knives leaves his hands and impale another one of the men."Get back, you freaks." The only man left standing whimpers holding his gun out."Hey, be careful up there, buddy."Says the boy tauntingly. "Get back now!" Than man cries, clearly afraid "Wouldn't want you to get hurt." The girl replies. Another boy appears seemingly from nowhere behind the man, a h/c girl by his side. The man turns around, but no one is there. The couple reappears on the other side of the man who fires at them. "Ooh! That's one badass stapler!" The boy mocks, the mans gun now a stapler. The girl snorts as the stapler is jamed into the mans face. 

Four more kids appear and move towards the vault."Do we really have to do this?" Asks the smallest one, clearly afraid. "Come on, Ben. There's more guys in the vault." The tallest boy commands."You've got this Ben!" Encourages th h/c girl."I didn't sign up for this." Ben whines. He shuts the vault door behind himself, tentacle shadows seem to come out of the boy, the tentacles latch onto men and throw them around. He comes out a minute later, soaked in blood. Hostages come streaming out, not paying attention to their saviors.

"Now we see the hostages.They They're free.They're scared, clearly, but they do seem to be unharmed." The reporter reports. " Can we go home now?" Ben asks before the group makes it outside.

 "People are coming out now.It's not the armed robbers.These are young schoolchildren in uniforms with masks on Jim Hellerman, Channel 2 News."

Across the street on the top of a building stands an old man and young girl. "Why can't I go play with the others?" Asks the girl, looking at her siblings waving. "We've been through this before, Number Seven," the man replies, "I'm afraid there's just nothing special about you." "Oh." Is all the girl can say.

The man leaves the building and walks up to the children in front of the bank. 

"Our world is changing," he begins, "Has changed.There are some among us gifted with abilities far beyond the ordinary.I have adopted seven such children.I give you the inaugural class of the Umbrella Academy."