The Beginning (10)

The couple pulled away from each other.
You finally did it Delores said to Five, laughter in her voice.

"I guess I did" Five muttered. Y/N found this normal because Five always muttered to Delores, she was just glad that he really liked her back and it wasn't the liquor talking.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

The couple continued to grow closer to each other. They were now in their late twenties. After the kiss Five became more protective of Y/N and would make her be with him as often as humanly possible. If he thought his venture would be too dangerous he would bring Delores instead because he needed the company.

Five was finishing his venture and he was nervous. Not because of the fact that he had found nothing, it was kind of to be expected by now but that he was going to ask Y/N the question. Yes that question. He had taken the ring off of her necklace one night before he had left and was now playing with it in his hands. Dolores is laughing at him and his poor attempts for a speech as he continued to wonder what he was going to say.

Y/N was worried. She had lost the ring Five had given her so long ago. At least he be back soon and maybe she could question him about it. Speaking of the devil, Five and Dolores we're seeing in the horizon walking towards her.

Y/N ran to him giving a big hug to said adult once he got off his bike. He kissed her forehead and grinned.
"I found something" he stated and put down his backpack. He unzipped the bag and brought out two twinkies.
" I hear they have an endless shelf life" he stated at her confused expression.
"Now lets get ready for dinner, we can have those for dessert."
/////////////////////////////////////////////////

After the pair finished eating, they decided to walk around.
"Y/N?" Five asked, he had stopped walking.
"Yes?" She asked confused to why he had stopped.
"I just wanted to let you know that I love you. I love your laugh, I love that you created peanut butter and marshmallow sandwiches. I love that you forgave me for leaving you. I love how you can see the good in everyone. If this is the end of the world, then I'm glad I got to have you with me. I love that you still take care of me, especially when I'm drunk. I love that you don't hate that I drink even if you don't because you say 'if this is the end of the world, I'm not dying of liver failure'. Anyways what I'm getting at is..." He kneels down and pulls out the missing ring.
"Y/N will you marry me?"