Secrets Spilled (16)

Gnawing on his sandwich, the boy strolls out of the room. Followed by Y/N. The family completely oblivious to the wedding rings on the couple's hands.  They once again intertwine hands with their one free hand.  

Time for what? Luther asks angrily. We're not done here! Number Five! Y/N! The pair climb the stairs and disappear. Luther glancesaround the room helplessly. The others look just as confused.Except for Klaus. He looks at Ben. Did you see their rings?

Vanya goes looking for Five and Y/N and finds them standing in Five's old bedroom, staring at his old toys and books, forlorn. He kept all my things. Five states

Vanya kneels behind him, wraps her arms around both children. The boypulls away at once, flinching angrily. 

What are you doing? 

It's called a hug. 

Hug. Right. I may have reacted...poorlydownstairs. A side effect of 52 yearswith only Y/N for physical contact. 

What do you mean?He gazes at her for a long beat. Struggling with someinternal decision. But instead of answering, he turns away. 

We read your book, you know. Foundit in a public library. Starts Y/N That's how we knew how bad things had gotten. 

How Number Six died. Finishes Five. How we failed. This is the wrong time. We came toolate. Delores always said myequation was off. This causes Y/N to scoff.  Must have forgottento carry the second two... 

Who's Delores? 

There's another option. Five continues, someone, orsomething, pulled us out of thetimestream early. Brought us hereto this exact moment. 

But why?The boy doesn't answer. He stares out the window, haunted. 

 They know we are here. 

Y/N sighs and rubs Five's hand. We'll get through this Hunny. Is all she says.

It was at this point Vanya realized these kids were closer than adopted siblings.

AN: I want Five to be like Ned Fulmer when referring to Y/N aka