Chapter 2

Izuku's pov

I woke up to a white ceiling, a spinning ceiling fan, and a large window. I looked around and noticed that I was wearing a breathing mask and an IV in my left arm that led to an IV bag that contained what seemed to be water inside it. There was also a small, brown table with a bunny mask and a surgical mask on it. When I sat up, there was a black and white cat curled up on my lap. I didn't have anything to really do in my situation so I started petting it, enjoying its cute purring until the door creaked open to reveal a  tall, but very skinny man with blonde hair that had to large strands in a zigzag shape hanging down.
"Are you Izuku Midoriya?"
I shyly nodded in response.
"Well it's a pleasure to meet you young Midoriya! My name is Toshinori Yagi!" He said with a smile on his face as he sat in the chair beside me,"How are you feeling?"
"O-Okay I g-guess." I continued to pet the sleeping feline in my lap. "So what's it's name?" He asked. I tilted my head in confusion, which he then gestured to the cat. "U-Umm! I-I don't h-have a
n-n-ame f-for h-him!" I exclaimed shaking slightly in embarrassment. I guess he seemed to have noticed as he lightly held my hand saying that
'There's nothing to worry about' and that "He was just curious".
"It's strange." He started.
"W-What is?"
" I just find it odd that this random cat just appeared inside the ambulance you were in and then disappeared when you arrived and that reappeared now."
"Hmm, I-I guess that is p-pretty odd...
W-WAIT! W-WHERE'S MY M-MOM?!" I suddenly exclaimed which woke up that cat as it revealed a dark blue eye and a just as bright green eye. It yawned as it stretched its body out and then turned around facing me.
"W-Well hello there u-umm..." I thought for a moment, trying to think of a good name till it hit me. "U-Umm Checkers."
It meowed at this and licked my nose. "Guess you like that name huh?" I giggled as Checkers proceeded to lick my cheek. After a minute of playing with Checkers I had completely forgotten about the other person in the room. "Well to answer your question, your mother is fine health wise ,but sadly she is in some kind of comatose state as of now." He said laughing slightly at Checkers who had crawled onto my shoulders and just laid around the back of my neck, listening to our conversation. "B-But w-who while I s-stay with until m-momma w-wakes u-up?" I say as the corners of my eye start to sting. "O-Oh! D-Don't worry! I talked to the officers and they said that your able to stay with any relatives of your choosing!" He exclaimed, clearly panicking. "I-I don't h-have any relatives t-that I know o-of." I said as I played with my fingers.
I felt Checkers crawl off my shoulders and started meowing.
"W-What is it Checkers?" I said curiously. He then put his paw on my head and then hopped on Mr. Yagi's lap and put his paw on his head. "O-Oh! You think I should  s-stay with M-Mr.Yagi?!"
"Yeah obviously..."
... 
."W-What did you say?"
"I said 'Yeah obviously'. It seems like the best and safest option"
"W-Wait you can talk?!"
'I'm talking to you through you mind silly!'
"O-Oh.."
'So what do you think about this Yagi guy?'
"O-Oh yeah! I-I suppose so, b-but I don't want him to have to worry about me!  I-It just doesn't seem very fair."

"Umm if you don't mind me butting into your conversation here.."
I jumped at his voice, yet again completely forgetting that he was there. "I don't mind being your caretaker. Um! Seeing that Checkers seems to think that I'm qualified for it! B-But it's your choice young Midoriya!" He started to panic again not sure of what to say which made me laugh a little. "If Checkers trusts you then...s-so do I!" I said with determination in my voice.
"Well alright then young Mido-"
He was cut off by the door being slammed open so hard that it practically fell off its hinges.
"OH THANK FUCKING GOD THAT YOU ALRIGHT IZUKU! I THOUGHT THAT I WAS GOING TO HAVE TO BEAT THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF THOSE FUCKING BASTARDS RIGHT THEN AND THERE AT THE POLICE STATION!!!!!!" Next thing I know, auntie Mitsuki was hugging the daylights out of me while uncle Masaru was apologizing for her mouth, and Kacchan was telling me that I was a stupid Deku for being so careless. After everything calmed down Kacchan gave me a quick hug and told me to "never do stupid shit like that ever again!" and sadly got hit on the head from auntie Mitsuki for 'his mouth'. They all left saying their goodbyes and that they'll try and drop by tomorrow so I hopefully won't get too bored, and Mr. Yagi said that he'd also stop by so we could get to know each other and because auntie also wants to make that I'm in good hands.

......"I hope that you wake up soon momma....

.. I miss you...."

I feel a little sad now so just for that-?!

I want one! \(≧ω≦)/

Also here is Checkers!

Ok bye guys! 👋😂