Chapter 24

Izuku's pov

Dad said that he wanted to talk to me and Checkers about something important. So here we are sitting in the living room, Mom is out shopping so it's just me, Dad, and Checkers.

"S-So, what do you w-want to talk about?" I asked nervously.

Dad cleared his throat before saying, "Well, do you remember when I told you about my hero identity right?"

"O-Of course! How could I f-forget?!" I exclaimed surprised by the question.

"W-Well, there's something else I want to tell you. I-I mean more like ask you-! I mean you guys!" He said nervously scratching the back of his neck.

I tilted my head in confusion as to why Dad would be so nervous to ask me about. Checkers meowed in response also slightly tilting his head in what seemed to be amusement.

"The thing I-I want to ask you is. . .will you be my successor?"

I started to giggle and so did Checkers.

"W-What's so funny?" He asked in confusion.

"Oh nothing! We just think it's kind of funny how nervous you are over a question like this!"
Checkers explained.

"What do you mean by that?"

"What he's saying Dad is that, ever since I was little I dreamed about being a hero just like All Might! And learning that he is you, I lost my marbles I guess you could say. And not only asking me for my approval of you proposing to my Mom, but now you're asking me to be your successor! It's all so over whelming! I'm not even sure how I'm processing all of this at once and I-I just can't believe any of this!" By now I'm bouncing up and down in my seat, kicking my legs like a child with stars in my eyes.

"Ok then! What about you Checkers?" Dad laughed.

"I don't know why you're asking ME. If Izuku accepts your offer then I don't see why not. Heck look at kid, looks like he's pop!" He snickered along with my Dad as I tried to calm down.

After that day me and Checkers, well mostly me, started training with Dad which involved me cleaning a beach, running laps in the park, working out in the scrap yard where I would usually look around for different parts and things for some of my projects, and other stuff!😊

During the months of training I've noticed some changes to my physical appearance and how my quirk behaves. I remember I was moving a large tire off of the beach when the pile almost fell on me, my shadow turned into a monster and stopped the pile from falling.

Mom and Dad we're out on a date so I had the house to myself

Mom and Dad we're out on a date so I had the house to myself. I was in the bathroom washing up after today's workout when I started to stare at the bottom right cabinet underneath the sink. I was tapping my finger on the marble counter as my mind went blank, still starring at the cabinet.