Part One

banner is by starry.phoneix

 Tick-Tock, the clock struck another hour, Sanyukta stared at the time. It was after midnight now. She had to decide soon what to do. In the morning the preparations would begin and she would not have a moment's peace. She recalled Vardhan Sir's words to her when she told him she had to return home for her engagement. He had frowned at her.

" Sanyukta why is this engagement happening in the middle of the term. I hope you thought about this carefully," he had stated.

"Lekin sir mera parivaar..," she trailed off seeing his stern glance at her.

"Your family is one thing , but what about your future and happiness? Today you are ready to sacrifice for them, but years later you will regret this. They will either be dead or have their own lives to live. Then what will you do?," he inquired.

She had hung her head in defeat.

" I don't know why I am telling you all this but I do know women are sometimes are at fault for not achieving their dreams. If you have a chance to live your dreams, I urge you to take and not back down. Rest is up to you Sanyukta. You are dismissed until you get your senses back," he stated firmly.

She walked out of her mentor's office with her heart breaking. She was miserable but how could she break her family's honor.

Back to the present she thought about her possible future with Sameer. He was always nagging her and calling her several times a day. It was now finally the middle of the night where she could think straight.

" I have fought with my family and broken so many stereotypes already, why am I giving all this up?," she thought to herself.

She knew Vardhan saw his sister in her. She was letting him down and possibly breaking the hopes of the younger female students as well. She had been their representative and fought for the rights when others tried to demean them.

Tear drops fell and landed on her hand. She realized she could not go through with it. She had to what was right, if she waited until the morning it might be too late. Her fees were paid already. She had to find the person who directed her for the scholarship and thank him or her. If they hadn't helped her two years ago, tomorrow would have happened long ago.

She went into the washroom and washed her face. She couldn't let the wrong people win. She had to tell herself she was strong enough for whatever happened next. Sameer Mittal could not control her destiny and the rest of her life.

Her time was now or never to get what she deserved.