Part 12

Yoyo had made the announcement that Sanyukta had returned to FITE. Randhir was spilt between being excited to have his competitor back and upset that she could have died that fateful day.

Everyone started to cheer around him, and he slowly turned to meet her eyes. He looked at her from head to toe. She was all right., she was really there for him.

The crowd took turns greeting her, then finally it dispersed leaving the two of them alone. He slowly approached her. His stare nearly left her breathless. His hands gripped her arms. He gently pulled her closer to him.

"Ek vaada karo mujhe se," he demanded.

" Kaunsa vaada Randhir?," she asked.

He looked at her as he could stare right through her.

" Never do something stupid like this again. I don't know why but I felt it hurt right in my heart when you were falling," he declared.

Her eyes softened seeing his state.

" I will consider the promise but first tell me why have you been helping me? Why did you show up at my house that morning?," she asked.

He looked down instead of into her eyes this time.

" Vardhan sir ke liye. He sees his sister in you. I just wanted to help his dream and I guess yours come true. I will admit Agarwal you aren't always stupid," he stated.

She looked at him carefully. She realized it wasn't the right time for them to consider being more than friends if that was a possibility. She was sure Randhir felt for her. However she did not want to comprise their friendship after the recent events. He had done so much for her. If it hadn't been for him, she would be engaged to that Sameer by now.

Randhir released his grip.

"Look when you are really ready to tell me the truth, I will consider making a promise to you. However right now we are late for PKC sir's class. Chalo ab," she urged.

She walked ahead to the staircase. He followed slowly behind her. He grabbed her wrist and she stopped feeling stunned.

She slowly turned to face him. She stumbled forward and he caught her.

"Kya tum theek ho?," he turned from angry to concerned in an instant.

She nodded.

"Just sometimes I still get dizzy," she replied.

He set her to stand straight.

" Let's go to class if you are feeling ok," he muttered.

They walked carefully together until they reached the threshold of the classroom.

"Hold on I promise," she said suddenly

" Promise to what?," he asked.

She smiled.

" I promise not to do anything stupid to get you mad MCP," she declared before she went to take a seat next to Kasutuki.

Her friend was puzzled.

Some weeks back these two couldn't stand each other and now one incident they were good friends. Kasutuki decided to talk to Sanyukta after classes.

PKC sir ordered everyone to pay attention as he was about to start lecturing.

Sometime later Kasutuki and Sanyukta headed towards the canteen to grab lunch.

" Sanyu what is going on with you and Randhir? I think I will lose the post of your best friend soon," she muttered.

Sanyukta consoled her.

" Nahin aisi koi baat nahin hai. Randhir ne meri baut madat ki hai. If he wasn't there then I would be engaged to Sameer and I wouldn't have been able to come back."

" Sanyu I am glad you are back. But how did you escape from kidnappers. We know Sameer was the one who pushed you.."

" I will tell you everything later. This is not the right place for me to tell you everything," Sanyukta stated warily.

" Theek hai. Just remember I am here for you if you want to talk. Let's get food before next class," Kastuki stated.

Jiggy, Yoyo and Tarun had been sworn to secrecy. Sanyukta knew Randhir had probably threatened them. The three boys joined them for lunch. Yoyo and Jiggy both were vying for Kastuki's attention.

Sanyukta smiled and enjoyed the tension between the threesome. Tarun apologized to her about the other day. She assured him he had acted on time along with others, if not she would not get this chance again.

Soon the bell rang and everyone dispersed to their classes. The dream team headed to the lab to work on their projects.

Parth and Vidhushi were now paired together. Vardhan sir had found out that Vidhusi had possibly taken bribes from Maya. He was giving her one last chance otherwise he would have her expelled. Unfortunately for her, Parth was appointed indirectly to spy on her. This way Vardhan Rao had two of his problems taken care of. Parth would stay out of his personal business and Vidhusi could be prevented from causing harm to the dream team.

Sanyukta joined Randhir to work on their prototype. Kastuki and Sahil worked together. They had possible sponsors coming to meet them in two weeks. They had to work earnestly to meet the deadline.

Randhir tried to be discreet with his concern as they worked together. She noticed though.

" Randhir please don't stare at me. I will not melt like some wicked witch if you stare at me like that," she hissed.

He rolled his eyes and went to pay attention on his share of the project.