Part Seven

Sanyukta awakened in her hostel room. She saw a text from Randhir. It read:" Don't leave the hostel alone"

She rolled her eyes. She was back at FITE but could not even enjoy her time back yet. She recalled how Randhir called her family and asked if they had any updates about where she could be. Ankit had muttered that they needed to find her within ten days otherwise the engagement would be off for good.

She had to smile at that. This way she could argue later that had something happened to her after marriage they would just give up without trying to help her. Who would want to be married into such a family? They just wanted a girl from a rich family. They didn't want her for her.

That is what disturbed Sanyukta the most. If she ever tied the knot after all this, it would have to be someone that respected her aspirations.

She was irritated that she was stuck inside unless the coast was cleared by the one and only Randhir Singh Shekhawat.

Then she had to smile recalling how he used the voice modulation app to tell Ankit she would only be released if Sameer Mittal brought 10 croe on his own to a meeting place that he would tell once Sameer agreed to meet him and arranged the money within eight days.

The plan was working out well so far, but issue was how to stay in this room all day alone. If Kasutaki was here they could do each other's hair, watch movies or prepare upcoming term together. Alone she was lost. Today was day five. She was beyond restless and bored of eating maggi. She had left the hostel in the night to go to the lab and to the meeting place that Sameer would be coming if he cared enough to "help" her.

Yoyo and his friend would take the money from Sameer and then return it once they were able to twist things to make Sameer admit why he really wanted to marry her.

Later Vidhushi and Sahil were walking around campus.

" Sanyukta is missing now. I am sure the Mittals won't wait for her too long before she comes back," Vidhushi stated.

Sahil was thoughtful.

He suddenly blurted out," Then why don't you try to impress Sameer? Your life will be set. I am sure Sanyukta's parents checked his family's background before agreeing."

Vidhushi smiled.

"Why didn't I think of this before? Thanks Sahil. I need to go dress up and find Sameer Mittal before Sanyukta comes back," she said as she hugged him.

Some distance away a figure sighed.

"Thanks guys! You just made it easier for Sanyukta to be free from that chomu."

Sanyukta was chomping down on yet another tv dinner as she glanced through her textbooks. They had been delivered earlier that day. She stopped eating.

"This is disgusting! I need to go grocery shopping and eat a nice dinner today," she declared.

She got up from the cot. She threw her leftovers in dustbin. She would empty It next time her jailor would let her leave the building.

She washed her hands and face. She peeked into her closet.

"Nahin main aaj bahar jaoongi. I can't stand staying in today," she muttered. She grabbed the waste basket to go empty it. When she returned she was startled to see someone sitting on her cot.

As she edged closer, he turned his head. His arms were crossed and he was very upset with her.

" Didn't I tell you to wait for my call?," he hissed.

"But I only went to empty the dust bin," she muttered.

" Yeah right. Don't mess with me Sanyukta Agarwal. I could see you were planning to leave this hostel without proper precautions," Randhir declared.

"Lekin Randhir I am like going crazy here," she insisted.

He grabbed her by her forearms.

"Then go get ready. There is a surprise for you. However you need to cover your face until we get there," he said as he released her.

She was shocked then she jumped for joy.

" Thanks so much! I will be ready in two minutes," she promised before dashing off.

He smiled as he saw her run off.

Randhir Singh Shekhawat would make it his aim to never let Sanyukta Agarwal give up on her dreams. He smiled brightly with determination.

Bonds were supposed to make you stronger not bind you. Theirs would always be a healthy bond.