Part 13

Next Part

They continued to work on different projects and worked together to get bids for different companies to sponsor their projects. Meanwhile Randhir's parents divorce was finalized. Reunka Sanyal arrived one day to provide support to the dream team.

Randhir was stunned that she had arrived there. He had been neutral when he had been called to court to testify in his parents' case. He expected his mother to not want to reconcile with him. He expected her to distance herself further then trying to make amends for the past.

Renuka was impressed with the presentation. Sanyukta went to talk to her after they finished.

"Beta I know you and Randhir have had your issues with each other, but I hope you can be there for him unlike what I was able to do. His father told him only the negatives. I know Harsh was upset with me for pursuing my career despite marriage and having Randhir, but I could never give up my dreams," Renuka declared.

Unknown to them a figure stood in the distance hearing their conversation.

"Nahin auntie. Randhir is very open minded. In fact whoever he marries will be a lucky girl. She won't have to give up her dreams. He pretends to be indifferent. Lekin main janti hoon, woh sab ka kitna dhan rakta hai college men," Sanyukta replied.

Renuka smiled.

"So my son is changing. I am glad he has you in his life Sanyukta. Never leave his side," she stated.

"Auntie he has helped me continue my dream. I will always be grateful to him," she said with glee.

Renuka smiled knowlingly. She hoped her gut was right about her son and this girl that reminded her of herself when she was much younger. Alas she could only do one thing right. That was to give birth to Randhir.

She reached in her bag and took the scarf and put it around Sanyukta's neck.

 Take care of yourself beta. Don't ever give this chance up," Renuka said as she parted ways with the younger girl.

Her words had two different reasons for being spoken.

Renuka walked away and Sanyukta looked at her for a moment before turning away.

She bumped into Randhir. He caught her from falling on the cold ground.

" Can't you watch where you are going?," he said trying to sound annoyed enough.

Sanyukta merely smiled at him.

"Sorry MCP!," she muttered and tried to slip past him.

He grabbed her by the scarf and pulled her close.

"So you were talking to my Mom," he said.

" You already know the answer Randhir, you can still catch up to say bye you know," she retorted.

She walked away, and he for some reason started running towards the main gate.

Renuka stopped short sensing something. She turned to see her son approaching her. He slowed his pace and walked slowly into her waiting arms.

She was overwhelmed with the gesture after so many years of barely getting a greeting from him. When he stepped back, his next words stunned her further.

" I am sorry Mom. I should have never hurt you," he declared.

She caressed his cheek lovingly.

" I will be in touch beta. It was never your fault. Take care, I love you," she said emotionally.

He squeezed her hand before she walked away from.

Unlike fifteen years ago, he felt like their bond would only grow now and not falter like it had before.

Later that night, Sanyukta was working late in the lab on a project. She was very engrossed in her work, she didn't realize the noise at first. Then suddenly she felt a strong grip on her shoulder, before she could release herself someone clamped their hand on her mouth with some kind of cloth. She tried to scream but it was soon muffled. Then the person started to choke her.

Randhir had just finished a paper in the library. He had just reached inside his room when his phone rang.

It was Kastuaki.

" Hi Kastuaki kya hua?," he asked.

" Listen Randhir you need to come to girls hostel right away. Thee is a major problem," Kastuaki exclaimed.

Randhir hung up the phone and raced out the door to the bewilderment of Parth and Jiggy.