Part 8

Part Eight

They arrived at a nice eatery that was decorated it Arabic style. She was happy to be out of captivity. They were greeted by a friendly host that seated them at the designated table. Sanyukta sat facing him away from the entrance. This was the way he wanted it. She could be herself and be free for now. If he sensed her discovery he could have her hide.

" This place is cool. Thanks Randhir. This is a nice surprise," she exclaimed.

She licked her lips in anticipation. He was getting a strange feeling seeing her do that. He wished he could kiss her instead. He smacked himself lightly.

" Randhir what's wrong? Sanyukta asked.

He opened his eyes widely.

"Tuhme kya? I was getting sleepy so I was trying to wake myself up You silly girl!," he snapped.

She shook her head.

He had done so much for her. All this planning and he was trying to help her get to her goals.

" Sorry Randhir. You have done so much for me. I promise I won't question anything today. I will do as you say," she stated.

He rolled his eyes.

"Theek hai. Jo bhi khanna hai, order karlo. We can't stay here too long," he hissed.

She grinned at him.

He could barely hide his own happiness and relief that she liked his choice.

The order was placed and he told her some news.

"Mittal has agreed to bring the money. But I bet you the money will be your family's not his," Randhir stated.

" That weirdo would never have the guts to gather the money alone. He will take whatever my father or Ankit give him. You know what I am ashamed of my own brother. I thought he would fight with everyone and try to come with Sameer, but eh is letting him come alone to save me. He is just interested in playing it cool. If I was in his place..."

" Then you would have risked your life to help him," Randhir finished for her.

She had to look at him stunned.

When her biggest threat to achieve her dreams decided to know her so well?

Soon the food arrived.

As they ate, he had an urge to tell her more. But then again Vidhusi was Vidhusi. She was selfish and her colors would come out either way. He hoped she acted on her intentions. It would secure the outcome in Sanyukta's favor.

A woman appeared to do a performance. It turned out she was a belly dancer. She approached different tables and urged some of the men to come dance with her. She even invited some women who were interested in learning the trade.

Suddenly she approached them.

" Come on you two! I think you both could use some loosening up," she urged.

Randhir unwillingly went with her and Sanyukta joined for a good laugh. Randhir looked uncomfortable.

A small crowd formed gradually. Sanyukta learned some moves. Randhir feared someone would try to grab her but was also impressed with her quick wits. A moment later she got shoved towards him.

He caught her and then twirled her around, she twirled around and then again landed in his arms.

They shared an eye lock.

Sanyukta came out of his grasp breaking their eyelock.

As she stood up and got her bearings he noticed Sameer Mittal and Vidhusi enter the venue.

" Yeh dono yahaan kaise?," he thought to himself.

They had to end their outing immediately. He quickly draped her dupatta to cover her face and then grabbed her wrist and they ran towards the back exit.

"Randhir kya hogaya?," she inquired.

"Sameer and Vidhusi are inside," he hissed and grabbed her wrist and pulled her along.

It began to rain. They rushed through the flooding streets back to FITE. Randhir and Sanyukta hoped they hadn't been seen together in the venue.

Meanwhile, Vidhusi and Sameer were seated.

" Chalo batao, why did you call me here?," Sameer inquired.

Vidhushi leaned forward and stated, " You need to forget Sanyukta."

Sameer frowned at her.