Aftermath

Part Eleven

"Muhje kyun itna darr lagra hai, jaise meri jaan ko kharta hai?," Randhir thought to himself.

He had a flashback of the most recent situation of Sanykuta's life being in danger. Samir had snuck into her hospital room to play the loving prospective groom. He had been ignorant that his actions had been filmed and that the Agarwals had gone to call things off with his family.

However when Kaustaki, Jiggy and Parth came to see her , all were dumbfounded when they heard yelling from the room. They entered followed by Randhir and Vardhan Sir.

Mr. Agarwal was yelling at Sameer and had him by the collar. It took Sanyukta's mother crying for help, so that Vardhan Sir, Jiggy and Parth got her father away from Sameer.

" Tumari himmat kaise huyi? You already tried to kill her!," Mr. Agarwal declared.

Randhir was overcome with anger as well. Now that the plan was over, he too confronted Sameer.

" Hey tum yahaan kare ho?," Sameer hissed.

" The police is gonna deal with you Mittal! Tune isse marne ki koshish ki hai. The evidence has gone viral!," Randhir said shaking his finger at him.

"What do you mean you bloody mechanic?," he asked.

" Don't ever come near Sanyukta again!," Randhir declared as Parth shoved Sameer out of the room.

Sanyukta awakened because of the commotion. Her blood pressure was elevated. The staff said to limit only two people visiting her at a time as her pressure had to be controlled due her concussion.

Vardhan Sir took Randhir aside after Sameer had been escorted outside the hospital premises.

" Randhir I really think we all should take turns staying with Sanyukta. You have been here with her since the incident, why don't you go get some rest? Jiggy, Kaustuki and Parth are here for sometime," his mentor advised him.

"Theek hain lekin agar woh dobarra agayaga toh?"

" No Randhir, I will talk to security myself. You go ahead," Vardhan sir assured him.

Randhir went back to hostel halfheartedly.

He dozed off a few hours but kept imagining Sameer returning to cause some harm to Sanyukta.

He woke up after six hours and decided to freshen up. He would sneak up to Sanyukta's room.

He felt butterflies in his belly and his chest felt tightened with fear as he approached the hallway in which her room was. He sighed as she was resting comfortably. It had been over 48 hours now. Now she was finally allowed to sleep without interruption. He recalled their ups and downs together since they first met. The first really scary event that had him worried for her was when she nearly drowned in the well at FITE. However soon after that he had a proud moment when she went back and made a water heater on her own merits anyway.

He lightly stroked her hair.

" Don't you ever scare me like that again!," he said softly yet sternly into her ear.

He smiled when she smiled and nodded.

He placed his hand on hers indicating for her to relax.

Sanyukta was back in classes two days into the new session. She came to meet Vardhan sir in his office.

"How are you feeling now Sanyukta Agarwal?," he asked in a firm manner.

"Sir I feel like I have been given a new life," she declared.

" Very interesting. Well I hope you don't take this new start for granted this time. All the best," he said as he held out his hand.

She shook his hand.

As she started to leave the room , she stopped to say one thing," Thank-you Vardhan sir for your help, if you hadn't.."

" I didn't do anything for you Sanyukta," he said rather too quickly.

She smiled brightly.

" Theek hai sir," she said knowlingly before stepping out of his office.

Vardhan Rao couldn't help but suppress a smile