Trouble Again

" Sanyukta has been nonreachable for two hours. I am so scared for her," Kastuaki declared.

" Two hours? Now you are telling me? Did her phone go to voicemail?," Randhir inquired.

He wanted to pull on his hair with worry. Everything had started to fall in place for her, for them.

Now would he ever get to tell her how much she meant to him?

" Yaad aaya. Thirty minutes back it seemed like someone answered my call then shut the phone. Maybe it is Sameer?," Kastuaki stated.

Randhir got angry first. He felt like a blood vessel would pop out of his head.

" Did she tell you where she was going?," he demanded.

" Mechanical lab, lekin peon closes the door by eleven, it's just after midnight now," Kastuaki stated.

" We should go and check. Call Yoyo, Jiggy and Parth. Agar yeh Sameer harkat hai, he will not go without being punished," Randhir declared.

Kastuaki started calling them as the two of them headed towards the lab.

Meanwhile Sanyukta tried to free herself from her attacker. She kicked whoever it was and they let go of their grip on her neck.

She gasped for air as she scambled for something to defend herself. As the person grabbed her again, she was able to latch onto a wrench. She swung back quickly as she could and big whack echoed in the small space.

The person was stunned and stopped their advances on her. She grabbed her things and ran.

Randhir and Kastuaki's yelling caused the person to scurry away. The person was dazed but was able to wander in other direction.

Sanyukta heard her friends calling out for her and she ran towards their voices. She looked behind her as she ran and then suddenly hit a strong chest and sturdy arms wrapped around her shoulders.

He had felt her coming and welcomed her with open arms. Now he wrapped his arms around her protectively.

Sanyukta's frightened mind calmed as she heard Kastuaki's voice and realized the person she was leaning against was someone safe. She looked up to meet his eyes.

It was Randhir.

She hugged him with all her might.

" Kya hua Sanyukta? We have been searching for you," Kastuaki exclaimed.

" Someone tried to kill me," Sanyukta declared.

He pulled back and held her by the shoulders.

"Kaun tha woh. Was it Sameer?," Randhir inquired.

"Pata nahin. Whoever it was had mask on. But I was able to hit whoever it was. They should have a nasty bruise on their face by morning. Tomorrow is the hearing. If it was Sameer, he will have some signs of the injury," Sanyukta declared.

"Lekin Sanyukta tumhein bhi lagi hai," Randhir said as he held her arm up gently and glared at the fingered marks on her neck.

"Chalo let's go to medical. Also tomorrow we must tell Vardhan Sir about this. We need to arrange security for you until the culprit is found," Kastuaki declared.

" Nahin it's fine. I will be ok," Sanyukta stated.

"No. This time you will listen to me Sanyukta Agarwal! Vardhan sir will talk to the dean about security. How could someone come inside FITE and harm a student and leave? You may not care about your safety but we all do!," Randhir stated.

She was out of stamina to walk much further, so he gathered her in his arms and took her to the medical room with Kastuaki accompanying them. The members of their group met them along the way. Kastuaki explained to them what they knew.

They were concerned for Sanyukta and decided to take turns guarding whichever room Sanyukta went to the rest of the night.

Randhir laid Sanyukta down on the cot. Kastuaki began searching for supplies. Randhir gazed at her wounds, then at her up and down.

He could have lost her today. He began to think of their fights and other moments in between them.