Part 9

Part Nine

" What you mean? Woh meri hone wali mangatar hai," he stammered.

" All I am saying is that there is someone better for you. Who knows what the kidnappers have done to her? She will probably tainted and mentally disturbed," she muttered.

Sameer jumped up from his seat.

" I admit I wanted her for her family's wealth. But her attributes made her tolerable. You are right but so wrong at the same time. However look at you! You are trying to distract me from the one I am supposed be with. Good-bye and don't message me again," he said before bursting out of the venue.

Vidhushi was left abandoned admist the flooding streets.

Meanwhile Randhir and Sanyukta went their separate ways upon reaching FITE.

" Tomorrow we all need to meet to make the final stages of this plan. The main problem is how to make Sameer the villain in all this," Randhir stated.

" I have an idea or two," she chimed back at him before walking away.

He stared after her stunned.

Why did he get the idea he would like her ideas?

His suspicions were confirmed the next day when the four of them met to brainstorm the concluding acts of the plan they had created to get her Sanyukta her freedom so she could pursue her dreams.

" We need a trambolin," she declared.

Randhir, Yoyo and his comrade exchanged looks.

" Farzi what is going on in that brain of yours?," Randhir inquired.

" You saved me so many times before Randhir, just do this one last time," she declared.

"Lekin Sanyuktaji yeh kaise, phir se aap khudenge?," Yoyo exclaimed.

"Nahin Yoyo. You and your buddy Tarun will collect the money. I will confront him about where he got the money and if he really cares for me. Trust me, I will not jump, Sameer will push me. Now we have to record him doing just that," she declared.

The boys stared at her dumbfounded.

" Sanyukta have you gone crazy?," Randhir exclaimed.

"No Randhir. If we want everyone's efforts thus far not to go in vain, we need to make him look like the culprit. If my parents realize he is wrong for me, then I can convince them to let me live my life the way I wish to," she declared.

" She is right guys. Sometimes you have to take a big risk to make your dreams come true. Sometimes sacrifrices also happen," a voice boomed some feet away.

All turned and were stunned to see their Professor Vardhan there.

"Vardhan sir aap bhi iski baatein mein..," Randhir trailed off.

" You guys need to prepare the safety measures for Sanyukta. If indirectly I can be of any help, please hesitate to ask me," their mentor said mysteriously before disappearing soon after.

Randhir grudgingly agreed. He was ready to distance that Chomu from Sanyukta. The foursome worked out the plan and tested the trampoline until Randhir was sure it would be safe. Last time they had to play on a stroke of luck. This time he was determined to go beyond all efforts.

The time and place arrived sooner that Randhir wanted.

He had to stay out of sight. If Sameer saw him , all would go in vain. Yoyo and Tarun arrived at the meeting place to retrieve the so called ransom money.

They told him to climb up to the wooden ramp. Sameer slowly climbed up.

Sanyukta stood at the edge of unstable ramp. They had to camouflage the trampoline so Sameer wouldn't realize it was there

" Ok give us the money otherwise we let her fall to the ground," Tarun declared trying to sound menacing.

He was holding on to a lever that would cause the drop from the location Sanyukta stood.

" I don't have the money," Sameer stated.

"Why not? Don't you want your fianc back?," Yoyo asked.

" Honewali fianc. Huyi nahin," Sameer stated grimly.

"What do you mean Sameer? Give them the money please! I want to go home. Humari shaadi honewali hai," Sanyukta exclaimed.

"Not anymore Sanyukta. You have been with these guys so many days. You think we can accept you into Mittal family now? We have some respect in society too," he declared with pride.

Sanyukta wanted to roll her eyes at him.

"In fact since these boys didn't finish the job they started, I will finish it for them. How sad your family will get to know the ransom money didn't even help free you. All the money your family gathered for your release will go into my account. Poor Sanyukta," he said without much emotion.

Sanyukta was stunned.

They were supposed to frame him to be bad, but here he was ready to let her die for real. He was gonna let her fall on purpose.

Randhir heard it from his radio.

" Guys don't you let her die!," he pleaded in his mind.

Yoyo signaled Tarun to be on alert.

Sameer stepped forward and looked right into her eyes.

"Good bye Sanyukta," he declared and he pushed her.

She started to fall. She could not believe how cruel fate had turned against her yet again.

Sameer truly was the villain of her life. Now in a matter of a few moments she could die or she could somehow survive.

Randhir began to run, Yoyo and Tarun hoped the trampoline would rise to the occasion otherwise the story they were all apart of would never get closure.