15

bens pov

time passed and passed and before we knew it, we were graduating high school.

joe and i both had steady jobs and moved out of the house

this week i was going to propose to joe. i never stoped loving him sense the day we met and i knew it was time.

i went to a near by jeweler to he the engagement rings. i knew exactly how i wanted to do it.

joe and i never wanted anything fancy. and our wedding would be the same way. i love him so much no grand gesture would be able to show him.

i was planning on recreating our first date. a nice movie date at home. i remember that night filled with emotions and love.

i did everything to same as last time making sure everything was perfect. i had all the movies in the world and was ready to watch whatever he wanted. anything for him. 

a lot of people talk about how being in a relationship for so long, you lose the love.  this never ever happened.  we had been with each other through think and thin and now i just wanted it permanent. 

i didn't talk to anyone about this and i wondered if joe would tell him mom or dad.  i also wondered who he would walk down the isle with.  did his father support him? 

i'm not going to think about it.  i don't care if the wedding is big or small i just want to be with him forever. 

babbbbbyyyyyy😎❤️🤠🍆

babesssss come over i have a special surprise ;) xx

baby i'm at work and so are you! i'll see you at home tonight alright xx

i'm taking you on a date tonight. i'll pick you up and 7. xx

ben we live with each other

....i'll still pick you up at 7 alright? just be ready by then babes xx

alright baby love you <3

<3

it was going to be perfect. now i just needed to call my mom. who, by the way, doesn't know i'm gay.

i pick up my phone and being to ring my mom.

'hey ben how are you! haven't talked in a while have we? what's going on?'

'mom i need to tell you something. please just promise you won't be mad.'.

'well that gets me nerv-'

'just say you won't get mad mom'

'alright i won't get mad'

'well mom i'm gay. like super gay. and i'm planning on marrying my boyfriend tonight.'

the other line was silent.

'mom?'

the dial tone rang in my head. did my mom just hang up on me. i ran into the house and hurled myself onto the bed pulling the duvet over me. i wait until i was calm to call joe.

'j-joe i think we'll have to do a rain check on that date. i-i'm sorry"

"baby what's wrong? are you ok? i'll come home no-"

"no no i'll be fine you can s-stay alright. i-its just a set back that i-i wasn't expecting."

"baby i'm going to come home alright. don't worry about it."

"joe stop this night was supposed to be about you and i-i just fucked it all up. babe is just... i so sorr-"

joe comes into the room and grabbed joe holding him tightly. i just continue to cry. for some reason i can't stop.

joe starts kissing my tears away and i finally stop crying and look up at him.

"baby, you don't have to tell me why you were crying but i'm here to talk alright." he smiles lightly.

"n-no i want to tell you. you deserve to know. ya see i was going to ask you something tonight and i forgot that i didn't tell my mom i was gay. and i felt like she needed to know. so i called he and when i said it she, she just hung up. and i'm so sorry for dragging you into this joey. i love you so much a-and i don't know why i couldn't stop crying."

"baby, it's alright. i'm here for you. i love you so much and your mom could never stop me from loving you. ever.". he gives me a kiss on the forehead and smiles.

"oh ben you are just so beautiful in my arms like this.". an idea runs though my head and i jump up off the bed.

"don't move!". i tell at joe as i open my night stands drawer. i pull oh t the box and put it into my pocket.

"ok joe close your eyes and stand up." he looks at me confused but does it anyways.

i stand in front of him and get down on one knee, smiling like an idiot.

"joe open your eyes" he opens his eyes and tears already being welling in his eyes as well as mine.

"joe mazzello. i have loved you for the longest time and i never ever want to stop. will you please make me the absolute happiest man on this earth and marry me?"

the tears being pouring out of his eye.

"yes yes yes! a million times yes ben!". he pulls me up with his hands on my cheeks and pulls me into a kiss.

"let me put it on!". i squeal to him. he pulls away and i place the ring on his finger. he takes the other one and places it on mine.

he grabs be by the waste and pulls on to the bed. this is definitely who i want to stay with forever.