✰. 𝟎𝟎𝟏

. s
ᴘʀʏᴄᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴋɪɴs

I ran around the playground trying to escape some sticky fingered kid who live on Tyla's street. We chose to play hide and seek tag on this hot summer day and I successfully was able to escape the kids grasp and join Travis in hiding. Travis gave me his wide smile when he realized it was me. I huffed for the last time to regain my composure and peeked from the other side of the bush like Travis.

"Where do you think Tyla's hiding?" I said as quietly as I could

"No idea, I didn't see her at all."

"Dang, she probably found a really good hiding spot." 

While we were no longer on defense we were noticed by the tagger. We screamed and tried to scramble, but we weren't quick enough.

The kid sighed when he tagged us "Finally, I give up!"

Once the kid said that Tyla popped up from her hiding spot laughing at us.

"I won!"

Before Tyla could pull out the usual annoying victory dance her mom called us to get popsicles. I mean losing wasn't so bad if we got icees after.

-

"I can't believe were going to be in seventh grade in September, I feel kind weird."

"You feel weird, why? Were closer to being the older kids." 

I sighed "I guess, but like time feels like it's moving fast and slow at the same time."

Travis just nodded in understanding.

Travis and I got off the bus making sure it was the right stop. We only took it because Travis expressed his distaste against the heat and the air conditioned bus was the better option. I shrugged and went along with it, I mean it got us there quicker than walking. 

"Oh I forgot my mom wants me back before six, she said something about it being dangerous. " Travis said as he and I were walking down the block

"What's dangerous?" My mom didn't tell me anything, maybe she didn't know.

"She wouldn't tell me, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with that Lamar guy."

Lamar was a grown man who basically terrorized the streets everyday, harassing younger people and making sure everyone feared him. He definitely thought he was funny, one a kid at school was beat up by him for apparently messing with his family. I never been so unwilling to see a fight in my life, but Lamar had never looked happier. 

"I thought he was in jail?'

"Nah he's been out for a while now, I heard he was looking for revenge."

I stayed silent no longer wanting to damper my mood and Travis caught on too. It was summer we had plans to have fun for the time that we could. In a few minutes we reached Tyla's home where she was waiting for us on the steps.

"Hey Tyla." Travis waved

Tyla practically hopped of the step and jumped on him just barely swinging above the ground. You see Travis had a bit of a growth spurt and was a little taller than the both of us.