✰. 𝟎𝟎𝟑

s
ᴘʀʏᴄᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴋɪɴs

I walked down Tyla's block alone thinking about all the other times I walked here. I basically knew the street like the back of my hand now. She called me abruptly telling me to come over, she is so extra sometimes. It was a weekend she really could've told me the news over the phone. Unfortunately the girl lacked common sense and care. 

I knocked on the door of the familiar house, I haven't been here since Travis died, it triggered me in a way. I could remember him dying like it was yesterday, the blood stained concrete and the yelling.

"Pryce!" Tyla waves her hand in front of my face

"Oh, my fault." I said focusing on her face

"I was calling your name for a minute," She sucked her teeth "now come inside."

I walked in and took my shoes off by the door because Ms. Pham did not like the thought of wearing shoes in her house and getting her carpeted floors dirty. I sat on the living room couch and Tyla sat next to me, leaning her head on my shoulder. 

"So what's the bad news?" I asked as I stared at the white walls

"What makes you think it's bad news?" She furrowed her brows

I beckoned " Well your real quiet. Your loud as- self is never this quiet."

It was true the girl could speak about anything if she wanted. The only time she was silent was when Travis died and by now that was a year ago.

"My mom wants to move."

The news wasn't unexpected, her parents divorced in the last few months of the school year. Her dad even moved out a month ago taking her older sister with him.

 "The place isn't out of state of anything, but it's kind of far from here."

"Why does your mom wanna move? I thought she loved this house." 

I didn't blame her the house was cozy and the yard was beautiful. Having personal space was good, I'd love the house too.

She sighed "She does, but the therapist thinks that I would be better if I wasn't reminded of Travis everyday. Also she says t reminds her of my dad too much."

"Does that mean your not going to school with me anymore?"

We found we were going to the same high school during the last week of school. I didn't put a lot of thought on where I wanted to attend and just applied to whatever Tyla told me to. 

"we have to stick together and I'm pretty sure I'll be in the same school as you."

We sat in a comfortable silence and I was taking everything in. I wanted to be selfish and tell her that I didn't want her to move but, I couldn't she deserves to get better, to move on. I didn't want her to be stuck and suffer with me.

"If we don't go to school together, promise me that you won't give up on getting better." She looked at me

I locked my pinky with hers "I promise."

"I remember when we use to play ninja up in here." Tyla reminisced as we looked out the window

"Yeah." I smiled "I remember when we all got black robes just to play. We even went around the neighborhood to find metal bars to battle with, god we were cringy ass kids."

"Yeah we were, I remember when every summer started and it got really hot we used to have water gun fights and break into the pools." We laughed

We were some bad ass kids. I turned away from the window as my smile faded away when reality hit. I was helping her pack up her things. All around her room were boxes of her stuff that I help her put away.

"Those were the times." I would give so much to go back to those days

"Wait right here I wanna give you something." She said and went out to her closet

Tyla came back with a box in her hands and she sat next time.

She slid the box over to me "I want you to have these."

I looked inside the box, it was pictures of Travis and us. There was one thing that stood out. It was a round dusty container, I already knew what it was. I looked over at Tyla.

"You dug it up?"

"Yeah, please don't get mad. I just thought it would be nice for us to look over it before I move away."

"I'm not mad."

I picked up our dusty time capsule. We buried together in the park a couple years ago because there was a viral YouTube video of people burying them. We put in random things that we wanted to remember so we could dig them up in the far future. I opened it to see old toys, pictures and a piece of pink paper. I picked up the folded piece of paper and opened it up.

"Travis' goals..." I read "I want to make it out of Greenwood."

"Wow."

✧❚authors note❚✧
i haven't updated in a while
i decided to bless y'all 😭