✰. 𝟎𝟏𝟔

. ᴘʀsᴇɴᴛ
ᴛʏʟᴀ ᴘʜᴀm

All the back talking I did yesterday basically grounded. It wasn't a traditional grounding since she sent me out to get groceries. Thankfully it should only be for the weekend. I was walking around the grocery store with my phone in my hand. The notes app had everything she wanted me to buy and her card was in my pocket.

The store was quite far from my house, so she let me borrow her car because she doesn't have work. In Greenwood there aren't many grocery stores, or anything really. Everything is usually in a neighborhood occupied by white people and occasionally the wealthy minority.

I clearly had not been paying enough attention because I completely skipped the condiments aisle and I bumped my cart into someone else's.

"My bad I wasn't paying attention." I apologized

The girl raised her eyebrow at me. She was actually really cute, she was warm brownskin and she was wearing a wavy wig.

"So everyone from here talks like that?" she laughed

I noticed her accent.

"Oh um yeah most of us do. So, if you're not from here where are you from?"

"I'm from Atlanta, I moved here because of my brother." she rolled her eyes

"Oh did he come with you or something? Or do you know your way around here or something?" 

She kissed her teeth "He told me he had to leave, so I'm gonna have to find my way back. I don't know maybe the maps app will help me."

"Um, I don't think that's really a smart idea. Maybe I could take you if you want."

Before she could even say anything I spoke again.

"Only because the people in Greenwood can be kind of much, so I thought it'd be better if someone who's use to it was with you."

"Sure, if it's not a problem for you." she smiled

"It's fine, I'm almost done shopping anyways."

-

. ᴘʀsᴇɴᴛ
ᴘʀʏᴄᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴋɪɴs

"Yeah like I won't beat your ass in Call of Duty." Eli boasted

I rolled my eyes "The fuck you won't."

We were somewhat back to normal. I was taking out my keys to open the apartment door as Eli talked about how he could beat me. We must've been too loud because Dominic came out of his apartment. Hurriedly, I unlocked the door about step in after Eli until he called out for me.

"I'm kind of busy." I responded

Eli was squinting at Dominic, maybe he doesn't recognize him.