The Evil Queen

Chapter Two.

The Evil Queen Regina stood at the balcony of her bedroom in her dark and lonely castle.
Her cold gaze overlooked the Enchanted Forest as she thought up new ways to get her revenge on Snow White.
"My Queen, I must speak with you." Her father; Henry scurried in, two guards situated behind him.
Regina turned around sharply, her gown spinning perfectly with her body as her expression instantly turned soft at the sight of him.
"What is it, father?" Her honey smooth vocals echoed in the grand room.
"There has been word of a ship coming into port. They say a Witch with incredible power is aboard."
"Oh?" Regina pursed her lips. "And why should that bother me?"
"No one knows who she is. She could help in your vendetta against Snow White."
Regina took a moment to think. She knew her father was right and she felt as though she was running out of options.
"Very well. Send for her. But if this plan turns out like that damned Huntsman." Regina scoffed, turning back to face the views from her balcony. "There'll be Hell to pay."

"Freya Klay, might I be your guide to introduce you to the best tavern this side of the Enchanted Forest." Killian bowed magnificently, holding out his hand for the Heretic to take her first step on dry land since she arrived in the realm.
"Oh Captain, I thought you'd never ask." Freya raised her voice about two octaves higher than usual as she put one hand to her chest and the other into Killian's – making sure to be as over-dramatic and comical as she could.
Killian chuckled lowly; a gorgeous bright grin spread over half of his face. He pulled her into him, their bodies shaping perfectly like two pieces of a puzzle.
"Right this way, love." He whispered before suddenly rushing off towards a tavern on the left side of the alley next to them, his hand still in hers.
She glanced back, giggling to herself as she noticed the crew scurrying along behind them.

The Captain led her to a place called 'Fish and Bird'. Quite frankly, it looked like any tavern Freya had seen in a medieval/fantasy movie or TV show, so she took in her surroundings with a touch of disappointment, though she didn't quite know what she was expecting.
The group sat down as a bar maid greeted them with a pitcher of ale.
"Afternoon gents, ma'am." She beamed, her moderately obese face and yellow and black teeth accentuated as she poured them their drinks.
Freya adjusted her sword belt so that she could sit down comfortably and straighten her leg towards Killian. She smiled to him as he did her.

The group had been there for a few hours by the time two of the Evil Queen's guards came for the new-comer.
"Are you the Witch that just came to port?" One of them asked her, mid-approach.
Freya frowned, looking towards Killian as he stood up.
"Who wants to know?" He growled, pushing the guard back as he took one step at a time away from the Heretic.
"Queen Regina wishes to speak with her." The guard told him.
"Well that's funny, because she's new to this realm – meaning no one should know she even exists." Killian held his hook up to the man's neck as the second guard half drew his sword as a warning to the Captain.
"Unless you want to be run through, I suggest you stand aside, Hook." The guard sneered through gritted teeth.
"That's enough." Freya snapped, rising to her feet. She stormed over and grabbed her lover's hand. "Calm down Killian. I'll go with them. Sounds like fun."
"No, you don't get it, love." Killian sighed. "The Queen is pure evil. She's manipulative and has powerful magic."
"Please." The Heretic scoffed, holding back what she knew would be a rather loud 'ha'. "I'll bet I'm more powerful on my worst days. Besides, if she gets on my nerves, I'll eat her." She shrugged, smirking.
Killian lowered his hook and chuckled.
"You always know how to make me laugh at the most inconvenient moments." He raised an eyebrow.
"Inconvenient for you, perhaps." Freya frowned. "I'll be fine."
Killian looked between his love and the guards waiting impatiently.
"Fine. But Smee and I are coming with you."
The pair glanced over to the table, spying the podgy, white haired first mate with the red floppy hat almost drowning in the last of his ale.
"Jesus Christ..." Freya sighed heavily.
"Who's that?" Killian frowned, looking awfully confused.
Freya giggled. "Nevermind. Come on." She said before looking back over to the table. "You too, Smee. We have a Queen to go and see."