Tallahassee

Chapter Six.

Less than six months later, Freya had learned that Emma was in prison for theft.
She had broken her promise, but that wasn't what Freya was worried about. In a letter, Emma had informed her that she had fallen pregnant and that Neal was nowhere to be found. To say that the Heretic was furious was the understatement of her life.

Fuelled by her rage, she tracked Neal down to a small town in the lower New York state. But when she got to his exact location, she saw him hand over the keys to her Bug to a stranger, along with a rather large stack of money.
Using her Vampire speed, she rushed at him, pinning him against the nearest wall.
"What the Hell did you do?" She yelled.
"Freya? Look, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen, I swear." His voice quivered.
Freya noticed through the corner of her eye that the man he was with was beginning to back away.
She cast a spell in her mind, whipping her arm out towards him so that he would freeze in his spot.
"Don't think you're going anywhere." The Heretic glared before turning back to Neal, using her compulsion on him. "Tell me what happened."
"It was my fault she got caught. August said I had to let it happen or she wouldn't be able to fulfil her destiny." He replied.
Freya turned to the man she had spelled.
"I presume you're August?" She growled.
The man nodded, his short, dark brown hair flopping across his forehead as he did so.
"My real name is Pinocchio. Perhaps you've heard of me?" He said.
Freya released Neal from the wall, turning to face the stranger fully.
"You're from the other realm?" She asked.
"Yes." August confirmed.
"What does Emma have to do with all of that?"
"Do you think it was a simple coincidence that you ended up on the Jolly Roger in Neverland and just so happened to meet the Dark One's son the second you get back? Emma is far more important than you realise." August explained.
Freya took in the information almost as fast as it was given to her.
"I need a drink." She sighed, waving her hand over the two men to cast a linking spell. "You're both coming too."

They entered the first bar they saw and sat down in the far left corner of the establishment after getting their drinks.
"So tell me what Emma has to do with all of this." Freya sighed, leaning back in her chair and folding her arms over her chest.
"Well," August began. "Emma is the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming."
That was a bad time for Freya to take a drink of her Scotch, because as soon as he heard Snow White's name, she projectile spat it half way across the bar.
"You've met them, then." August gave a slightly smug smirk.
"The whole reason I was cast back to this realm was because I failed to uphold a bargain concerning Snow White with the Evil Queen." Freya told him.
"Oh, you did a Huntsman..." August chuckled. "Well, were you aware that Regina has been planning a dark curse since before Emma was born?" Freya shook her head. "This curse will cast everyone in the Enchanted Forest to a land without magic – or... Their form of magic, anyway. They'll be given new identities and new memories with no recollection of their old lives."
"What does that have to do with Emma?" Freya wondered aloud.
"The prophecy states that a child born of true love will be the saviour to break the curse. That child is-"
"Emma..." Freya finished the sentence for him.
"Yeah, well the curse was due to be enacted at the time of Emma's birth, so to protect her, she was sent to this realm. But something – I don't know what – distracted the Queen and the curse was put off. The last I heard, it was to be enacted sometime around Emma's eighteenth birthday."
"But that's already been and gone." Freya pointed out.
"Yep. And I've been looking for everyone ever since." August smiled, taking a sip of his drink.
"And did you?" Neal piped up.
"I did. They're in a town called Storybrooke. It's in Maine, just a half hour's drive from where that portal got you a few years ago." August gestured to the Heretic, who was only just beginning to struggle processing.
"How do you know all of this?" She asked.
"I have eyes and ears everywhere. Plus a few fairies on my side." August smirked.

With all the information shared, Freya and August decided to team up and go to Phoenix, where Emma was serving her sentence in a minimum security prison.
August then left Freya when he felt she had the task in hand.
Eight long months past with countless letters and phone calls passed between the Heretic and Emma and the day had finally arrived where Freya was to pick Emma up from prison and take her wherever she wished.

At the gates, Emma ran into Freya's arms, overwhelmed and relieved to see her old foster mother.
"Hey, kid." Freya sniffed back her emotions.
"You have no idea how happy I am to see you." Emma chuckled.
"Oh, I think I do." The Heretic smiled, parting from her. "Now come on. We have a destination to decide on. Where would you like to live now that you're free?"
"I have the perfect place in mind." Emma smirked as Freya threw her the keys to the Bug.
The plan they had decided on was to buy Emma a few items of clothing, underwear and various other necessities and go for a road trip.
The twenty seven hour drive to Tallahassee was gruelling, but the pair made it work and had a great time.

A few months had past and the pair had moved into a beautiful, luxurious apartment, Emma had a whole new wardrobe and the pair were settled as though nothing had changed... Almost.
Freya was in her bedroom, getting ready to go out.
She wore a little black dress paired with her favourite black leather jacket and knee high boots, then tied her jet black hair into a loose bun.
"Going anywhere nice?" Emma's voice sounded from behind the Heretic as she put on some blood red lipstick.
Rayna looked at her through the mirror, seeing that she was leant up against the doorway.
"In need of a change of surroundings. Are you okay to stay here whilst I go make some friends in the nearest bar?" Freya chuckled.
"Sure, just don't get kidnapped by pirates again." Emma raised her eyebrow.
"You're really funny." Freya rolled her eyes, unable to hide her smirk as she walked over to the girl, embracing her in a hug. "This time, I have the magical invention that is the cell phone." She waved her Nokia 3310 in Emma's line of sight. "That's the whole reason I got one and got you one too. So if you need me, I'm only one phone call away. Okay?"
"Okay." Emma nodded.
"Right. I'll see you later. I love you." Freya smiled, kissing Emma's cheek before heading out.