Hello, Captain

Chapter Twenty Four.

The sun peaked through the branches the next morning and Freya was awoken by the sound of hooves.
She shot up to a standing position in a second.
Though, she saw that they were two black knights – Regina's guards and quickly became confused.
'I thought all of them had gone to Storybrooke...' She wondered.
"What business do you have in these parts?" One of them called out to her.
"No business at all, sir." She replied. "Just passing through." But then she had an idea. "Though, whilst I've got you, would you come over and help me a moment?"
"What is it you need assistance with?" The other asked.
"My belongings. It wouldn't be too much trouble for you gentlemen to help out a poor woman who's with child, would it?" She raised an eyebrow, gesturing to her pronounced belly.
"Of course not, miss." The first nodded, jumping down from his horse.
As he moved towards her, Freya cast a spell on the other one, freezing him where he stood as she took a handful of clothing from the other, dragging him towards her.
She looked deep into his eyes as she compelled him.
"You're going to take me to the Queen's castle, give me the same treatment she would receive, access to her private chambers and food packed for my journey." She said, the unfroze the other guard, repeating her compulsion on him.

The trip to the Queen's castle was long, but still shorter than Freya had expected.
To pass the time as they walked through the dark halls of the castle, Freya chose to question the two guards.
"Where is everyone else?" She asked.
"We have no idea, my Lady. The Queen's curse sent everyone away to an unknown land. The only reason we are here is because we were sent on a mission outside of the Enchanted Forest."
Freya nodded, finally understanding how they weren't affected by the curse.
"I see." She uttered, turning the final corner to Regina's room.
"Here we are, M'Lady. Take anything you wish, I shall personally see to it that you get all the provisions you need." The second guard bowed his head and walked away.
"And I shall see that you have a horse." The first gave her a small smile, then followed his fellow soldier.

Freya's fingers trailed along the various items of clothing in Regina's closet, wondering if she'd fit into any of them.
Eventually, she found a gown that didn't have a corset and the material felt reasonably stretchy, so she pulled that one out.
Like most of the rest, this dress was a black number. It wasn't corseted, itself, but had one draped over the hanger to pair it with. Freya struggled, but managed, to put on a large petticoat, as the dress was very ball gown-esque, then shuffled into the rest of it.
She looked at herself in Regina's stunning full length mirror.
"Wow..." Was all the Heretic could muster.
The high waistline covered the majority of her bump, which could be beneficial in this land – Freya would rather that as few people as possible knew she was pregnant, especially if she came across any bandits. The dress wasn't exactly riding material, but it was the warmest item of clothing Regina had that would fit Freya's pregnant form.
Moving back to the closet, the Heretic pulled out a black winter cloak, much warmer than the one she had liberated from the washing line. But before she put it on, she wrapped her hair into a slightly messy looking bun at the base of her skull, then pinned it with one of Regina's beautifully intricate hair pins.
She then waited for one of the guards to come back and fetch her, as there was no hope she would be able to move about the gigantic castle without getting lost.

"Your horse and previsions are ready, my lady." The first guard she had previously met spoke up about twenty minutes later.
Freya turned to see him stood in the door way.
"Thank you." She said, moving towards him.
They walked to the entrance of the castle and saw that there were three horses prepared.
Freya gave the guard a confused frown.
"We thought it best that, for the protection of you and your child; of course, we would escort you to wherever you needed to get to." The guard gave a small smile.
"Oh." Freya muttered. "Thank you."

On the journey to the docks, Freya had learned that the guards' names were John and Edward.
They had families and had been working as what could only be described as Mercenaries since the curse struck, just to make ends meet.
"What was it like to work for Regina?" Freya asked. "I only met her the once when she was evil."
"What do you mean 'when she was evil'?" John wondered.
"I know her in the land she took everyone to. It's a town called Storybrooke. She's actually changed. She's lovely." Freya shrugged.
"I never thought I'd see the day that someone other than her father said something positive about that woman." Edward gave a hesitant chuckle.
"I mean it." Freya nodded her enthusiasm. "She's become – dare I say it – A hero in this new world."
"That's incredible. I'm actually kind of happy for her." Edward smiled, earning a nod of agreement from John.
"But in answer to your question, Regina was hellish to work for, to say the least." John laughed. "I didn't personally face her wrath, but heard the stories of her choking other guards with her magic because she was in a bad mood or whatever other excuse she could come up with."
"Ouch. I don't think she would've dared done that to me when we first met. She somehow heard how powerful I was and sent me on the 'go kill Snow White' expedition. But I betrayed her. Instead of fighting me, she probably knew she had no chance and decided to just send me back home through a portal instead." Freya shook her head reminiscently.
John stopped his horse in its tracks.
"You're Lady Freya Klay?" He gasped, earning a nod from the Heretic. "I heard about that day! You're practically famous all over the Enchanted Forest. Seriously, if anyone's heard of the Evil Queen, they've most likely heard the story of the Heretic love of Captain Hook who stood up to her and paid a price worse than death."
"That, I did..." Freya saddened, thinking of Killian and her current situation. "Though, I didn't know I was such a big deal until I came here a few months ago. I was searching for Hook and ran into Blackbeard who informed me of the celebrity status I'd earned all those years ago."
"If you don't mind my asking, my Lady." Edward hesitated. "What exactly is a Heretic? No one here seems to know and Regina would never let on."
"A Heretic is a Hybrid creature, who is half Witch, half Vampire. If you don't know what a Vampire is; it's an immortal being that drinks blood. We have heightened senses, so hearing, sight, smell, touch etcetera. We're extremely fast, can jump incredible heights, but we can't be out in sunlight unless we have a Daylight amulet. Though, for my safety – and I hope neither of you take offence to this – I shan't show you mine." Freya explained.
"No offence taken, my Lady. Though the drinking blood makes me a little nervous, I must admit." John frowned.
"You have nothing to fear from me, John. If I wanted to kill you, you'd have been dead hours ago." Freya smirked.

Killian, David and Emma sought advice from the Blue Fairy – or as she was known in Storybrooke; Mother Superior.
"She seems to have gotten herself in quite the predicament..." The Blue Fairy sighed. "I'm afraid I have no way of getting back to the Enchanted Forest. Whoever the Snow Queen got her magic bean from must've grabbed it when we had the crops growing. At least that may narrow down your search. Perhaps whoever gave her the bean has another."
"There weren't that many people who knew about the magic bean field. Andre, the Dwarves, present company and..."
David was cut off by Killian. "The crocodile."

At Rumple's pawn shop, Killian burst through the door in a rage fit for the Dark One; himself.
"Gold!" He yelled, only to find Belle walking through the doorway from the back room.
"Killian? What is it?" She asked.
"I have reason to believe that your husband gave the Snow Queen a magic bean. She used that bean to trap Freya in the Enchanted Forest." Killian growled, his fist clenched so hard that his knuckles were white.
"If Rumple had a magic bean, I would've known about it. I haven't seen anything like that for months." Belle defended.
"I know it was him. He's the only one in this bloody town who would do something like this. And it's not like he hasn't lied to you before." Killian frowned.
Belle gave a heavy sigh. "I don't know where he is right now. He could be anywhere."
"If you hear from him, will you let us know?" David perked up from behind the Pirate.
"Of course." Belle nodded as they made their exit.

Finally reaching the docks, Freya, John and Edward stopped in the Fish and Bird to quench their thirsts.
"Just water for me." Freya gave an awkward half smile. "Thanks."
"So what will you do now, my Lady?" Edward asked as he was handed a stein of Ale.
"I'm not sure. My original plan was to stay here, as this tavern was a favourite of Hook's. But I have no idea how or if he'll even be able to get here, so I may have to find my own way back." Freya sighed, tapping her cup of water with her fingernails.
"I heard the Kingdom of Arendelle had a method of realm travel. Perhaps you should seek aid there." John suggested.
"Arendelle? Isn't that the kingdom ruled by Queen Elsa?" Freya frowned.
"Indeed, my Lady. Though, no one's heard from her – or the kingdom, for that matter – for decades. It's believed to be destroyed." Edward informed them.
"Ah... Of this, I was not aware..." John huffed, furrowing his eyebrows in thought.
"I know Elsa. She's currently in Storybrooke searching for her sister. So I'll try it anyway. Worst case scenario? I'm back at square one." The Heretic shrugged, just as a familiar face walked into the tavern. "And I know just how to get there."
"Lady Freya! What a surprise to see you." Blackbeard gave a large, toothy grin.
"Hello, Captain. How are you?" Freya gave a kind smile.
"I am well, thank you. You look more beautiful than the last time I saw you. Though, I preferred your sailing attire, I must admit." He chuckled, sitting down next to her. "Who are your friends?"
"This is John and Edward. They're helping me on a quest." Freya introduced.
"A quest, you say?" Blackbeard raised one of his classically bushy brows.
"Indeed. After I found Hook, we went back to my land, but yesterday I was portalled back here by a Snow Queen. It would appear I'm not a nuisance to just one evil queen." She chuckled. "But now I need to get back and John here, thinks that there might be a way for me to do that in the Kingdom of Arendelle. I don't suppose you're headed that way any time soon?"
"Not exactly. However, for an old friend, I'm sure my crew and I could take a slight detour." Blackbeard gave a cheeky smirk.