Close Calls

Chapter Twenty Eight.

Three days had passed and Freya was getting more and more agitated by the repeated banging noises coming from the basement.
She sighed heavily, pulling herself up from the couch and grabbed a blood bag from the kitchen fridge and a shot glass.
She unlocked the basement door and made her way downstairs.
"You have got to stop doing that." She grumbled to Atlas, who was still rattling his chains against the concrete pillar in the centre of the room.
"I wouldn't be annoying you, now would I?" Atlas smirked.
"Do you really want to be irritating a very pregnant, hormonal Heretic?" She raised her eyebrow.
"I don't know." The Vampire shrugged. "Could be fun."
"Can't be wanting this that badly then." Freya sighed, filling the shot glass with some blood. Atlas' smug look turned to a glare. "I didn't think so."
Freya drank the blood in one, then refilled it, watching as Atlas' fangs extended in his partially open mouth.
Just then, a desperate knocking came from the front door, upstairs.
Freya huffed, placing the glass down on the floor and scooted it towards him with her magic.
"See you later, Atlas. Keep it down or you'll be beyond the help of Vampire healing."

Upstairs, the knocking grew more and more incessant.
"Alright, alright. I'm coming." Freya mumbled, leaning over to open the door, revealing the last person she had expected. "Niklaus?"
"'Ello, love." He smirked.
"What on earth brings you to Storybrooke?" She asked, letting him in.
"I have something to show you, your daughter and your pirate." He told her.
"Killian's on a fishing trip with Astrid, but I can call Emma."
"Astrid as in your daughter Astrid?" Niklaus was in a state of minor shock.
"Yes. She's back. Curse removed... Sort of... She's a Vampire now." Freya sighed. "It's a long story."
"Very well. When will they be back?" The Hybrid asked.
"This afternoon. Can it wait?"
"Not particularly. You'll just have to fill them in later, but yes, call Emma." He nodded, placing a very old looking book down on the kitchen counter.

As soon as Emma and Henry were there, the four of them sat in the living room, the old book placed on the coffee table.
"What's this about, Klaus?" Emma asked.
"Okay. So I remember you telling Elijah and I about how Emma came to this realm and it got me thinking. I'd read something along those lines a while back." Niklaus started, turning the book over so that it was now right side up.
"By the Gods..." Freya gasped as soon as she saw the Old Norse lettering.
"What does it say?" Henry asked.
"Once Upon a Time." Freya breathed, leaning back on the couch.
"What?!" Emma's eyes widened as Niklaus opened the book.
Inside were old Viking tales, some roughly along the same lines of Henry's book.
"Where did you find this?" Freya asked.
"Amongst your old things in New Orleans." Niklaus replied, flicking through the pages. "But that wasn't the weirdest part. Read this."
He reached a particular page which had a picture of a baby, found at the bottom of a tree.
"The baby Freyja appeared by a tree, having been transported to the strange land. This is where she would fulfil her destiny as..." Freya stopped reading, too in shock to process the information.
"As what?" Henry pressed.
"As the Saviour." Niklaus finished.
The room fell eerily quiet.
"You're... A Saviour?" Emma practically whispered.
"What does it say at the end of the book?" Henry turned the pages to the end.
"That's the thing, young Henry." Niklaus sighed. "Before Freya could do her duties as the Saviour, she was turned into a Heretic and was travelling the world. No one knew where she was to come and get her to save everyone. The world this book speaks of has been wiped from existence for almost a thousand years."

With Killian and Astrid back and everyone informed of the new information, Freya didn't quite know what she was expecting. But they all welcomed her. Regina even offered to teach her more magic after Emma had made the suggestion that perhaps this was Freya's destiny and that her being in Storybrooke was some sort of fated situation.
But before anymore suggestions were made, it was time for an emergency check up on the baby.
"Believe me, Miss Klay. Your baby is fine." Doctor Whale chuckled, releasing a wash of relief over Freya.
"I just needed to be sure. All this portalling and transporting via wishes took a toll on me, I had no idea what it could do to an unborn child."
"For twenty-seven weeks, your baby looks stronger than ever, I must be honest." Whale raised an eyebrow as he looked over her charts.
"She has an incredibly strong mother, that's why." Killian chuckled, holding his love's hand.