Mistakes Were made...

Chapter Nineteen.

Two months had passed. Elijah and Niklaus had gone back to New Orleans, having made a town's worth of friends in Storybrooke and this day was the first day that Freya and Killian were to see their child.
They got out of Freya's car at the hospital and made their way up to the Ultrasound waiting room, where they sat alone.
"I still don't understand what this is all about." Killian frowned.
"An ultrasound is basically a machine that helps you look at the baby from inside the womb. You can get pictures." Freya gave a small smile.
"That sounds a little morbid if you ask me, love." The Pirate chuckled.
"You'll see how wrong you are in a few minutes." The Heretic smirked.
"Miss Klay." Doctor Whale grabbed their attention. The pair looked up to see a kind smile on his face.
Freya sat down on the chair and lifted her shirt, revealing her tiny 12 week bump.
"This is your first ultrasound?" He asked, looking down at her paperwork.
"Yes. We opted to not have the first scan. Killian couldn't make it so we just had the check-up." Freya replied.
"Well then, this should be exciting." Doctor Whale smiled.
Killian took his love's hand, watching as the Doctor squirted the gel onto Freya's stomach.
"Christ that's cold." Freya winced, flinching.
"I'm sorry, I forgot to warn you." Whale chuckled as he picked up the wand. "Are you ready to see your baby?"
Freya and Killian nodded eagerly.
Whale pressed the wand to Freya's abdomen as the pair looked up at the screen.
There, clear as day, was the perfect image of their little miracle.
"By the Gods..." Freya gasped. "You can even see it's little fingers."
"You're going to have to point this out to me, Doctor, because I have no idea what I'm looking at." Killian laughed.
"Well, there's your baby's head, it's body, arms, hands and fingers, then we have the legs and feet." He pointed to all the body parts on the screen.
"I see it!" Killian grinned excitedly.
"That's our baby, Killi." Freya smiled up at him, squeezing his hand.
"Yes it is, love." He leaned down and kissed her.
"Let's hear the heartbeat, shall we?" Doctor Whale asked rhetorically as he pushed a couple of buttons on the monitor.
The silent room was, all of a sudden, filled with a very rushed heartbeat.
"It's very fast..." Killian frowned.
"All babies' hearts beat fast when they're in the womb." Doctor Whale reassured him. "From what I can tell, you have a perfectly healthy miracle child."
"Thank you Doctor." Freya smiled as she was handed a paper towel to wipe away the gel.
"Before you wipe that off, would you like a few pictures?" The Doctor asked.
"Yes please. Three." Freya replied.

"One for the baby book, one for atop the fireplace and one for Emma – she asked me specifically." Freya flipped through the images as they made their way back to the car. "When the time comes, would you like to know if we're having a boy or a girl?"
"When can we find that out?" Killian asked.
"Usually about sixteen to twenty weeks." Freya answered.
"Then yes, I'd like to." Killian smiled, draping his arm over Freya's shoulder.

After deciding to go to Granny's for food, the Heretic and her Pirate sat in their favourite booth just as Neal walked in.
"Oh God..." Freya ran her fingers through her hair.
Killian looked over to see what had caused that reaction.
"Oh..." He sighed. "Be nice, love."
Freya scowled at him.
"I still blame him." She said.
"Think about it this way – Emma doesn't. So perhaps just go easy on him. I think the backhand you gave him was enough to scar him for life." Killian chuckled, beckoning Neal over.
"Oh, Killi don't..." Freya whined, but it was too late.
"Hey Hook. Hi Freya..." Neal looked less than comfortable.
"Neal..." Freya scowled at Killian as she took a large gulp of her orange juice.
"Congrats on the baby. And the engagement. That's big news." He attempted small talk.
"Thanks." The Heretic mumbled.
"How have you been, mate? We haven't seen you in a while." Killian gave him a friendly smile.
"Yeah, I'm good thanks, buddy." He nodded, shoving his hands in his pockets uncomfortably as Freya made all the effort to look anywhere else but at him. "Look, it was great talking to you, but I'm meeting Emma and Henry for something so I gotta go. I'll see you guys later."
"Yeah, alright, mate. Have fun." Killian replied.
"Have fun, Neal." Freya practically whispered.
Neal simply looked between the two awkwardly and walked off.
"You've got to stop treating him like the enemy, love." Killian leaned in to whisper.
"He ruined Emma's life. Do forgive me if I don't feel like forgiving him just yet." Freya scowled. "I'm tired. Let's go home."
She got up, flicking some money on the table as she walked out.