The Originals

Chapter Eighteen.

A couple of weeks later, Storybrooke got two visitors.
Freya's phone rang, waking her up.
She hadn't managed to get much sleep recently as she had been too busy worrying about her unborn child.
So when he phone rang and she saw that it was three o'clock in the afternoon, she shot up in bed, answering it quickly.
"Ruby? What's up?" She greeted.
"There were two guys at Granny's a few minutes ago asking for you. I figured if they were bad news you could look after yourself, so I gave them your address." Ruby responded.
Freya rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and went to the bedroom window, seeing a brand new Bentley Continental GT pull up.
She smiled.
"I know exactly who that is. Thank you Ruby. I'll see you later."
The Heretic hung up the phone, pulled on her floor length black robe and made her way downstairs just as her guests knocked on the door.
She pulled it open and smiled widely.
"My boys." She beamed, opening her arms out to her sire and his brother.
"Hello, love." Niklaus greeted her, going in for a hug, but being stopped by the threshold.
"Oh crap..." Freya frowned. "Killian!"
Her love appeared in the archway to the living area.
"Yes, my love? Who's this?" He arched his eyebrow.
"This is Niklaus; my Vampire/Werewolf Hybrid sire and his brother, Elijah." Freya replied. "Would you let them in for me, please?"
Killian's face softened to a small smile.
"Of course, come in, gentlemen." He said.
The two ancient Vampires nodded their thanks and stepped through the threshold, embracing Freya in a long awaited hug.
"How did you know where I was?" She asked them as they pulled away.
"Lance informed us you were back as soon as you arrived. We would've come sooner but New Orleans held some... Unavoidable business." Elijah half-smiled.
Niklaus brushed his fingers through his short, dirty blonde hair, releasing a strong sigh.
"We're here now." He shrugged.
"This must be the infamous Killian." Elijah held out his hand as Killian walked over to Freya's side, shaking it.
"That I am." The Pirate gave a welcoming smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you both."
"How long will you be visiting?" Freya asked.
"We haven't quite worked that bit out yet." Elijah chuckled, rubbing the back of his neatly styled, dark brown hair.
"Well, you're both welcome to stay in our guest bedroom until you've worked that out."
"That's much appreciated. Thank you." Elijah bowed his head slightly.

The four sat around the dining table with glasses of Bourbon, catching up.
"You two have had quite the ordeal. Elijah filled me in on your last visit to New Orleans." Niklaus said to Freya.
"I wouldn't have managed to get to Killian without him." The Heretic smiled.
"What have I told you about selling yourself short, Freya?" Elijah raised an eyebrow. "If it weren't for you figuring out how to blend those spells correctly, you would've had no hope."
"Well, no matter who gets the credit for it, it seems to have worked out better than you hoped." Niklaus smiled, gesturing to the ring on her finger.
"Oh, you have no idea." Freya chuckled, taking Killian's hand in hers.
"You are with child." Elijah's expression was cautious.
Freya's eyebrows raised. "Yes, I am."
"How on Earth is that possible?" Niklaus frowned.
"Listen to the heartbeat, brother." Elijah mumbled, only to be ignored by his younger sibling.
"I'm not sure you're one to ask that question, Nik." Freya chuckled. "How is your daughter doing?"
"Hope is thriving. She's doing incredibly well with her magic." The Heretic's sire looked awfully proud.
"Hold on, this has happened before?" Killian looked confused.
"Sort of. Niklaus has a daughter named Hope. She is the wonderful product of a one night stand Nik had with a Werewolf named Hayley. Though Vampires can't procreate, Werewolves can. Nik's Werewolf side got the better of him, it would seem." Freya chuckled, glancing to her sire.
"So where did the magic come from?" Killian asked.
"My mother's side. She was an incredibly powerful Witch – so powerful, in fact, that she not only created a new species, but also held power over life and death." Elijah explained, earning a knowing nod from the Pirate.
Just then, there was a knock at the door.
"That'll be Emma." Freya said, getting up to go to the door.
Indeed it was.
"Hey mom." The blonde smiled, hugging the Heretic as Henry came through the door behind her.
"Hello sweetheart." Freya smiled. "Hello Henry."
"Hi Freya." He grinned.
"So who are these guests I need to meet?" Emma asked, walking through to the dining room. "Oh! Hello."
Niklaus looked beyond confused.
"Niklaus, Elijah, this is Emma, my adopted daughter and this is her son, Henry." Freya introduced.
"It's a pleasure to meet you both." Elijah smiled kindly.
"Indeed." Niklaus gave a mischievous look. "Henry, come here, kiddo."
Henry looked nervous, but went anyway.
"I have something for you." The Hybrid said, reaching up to take off one of his necklaces. "This is something Freya gave me three hundred years ago. There's nothing else like it in the world. If you would, I'd like you to wear it always. It will protect you."
He placed the necklace into Henry's hand.
"Wow, thank you Niklaus." He smiled, putting in on.
It was a piece of flint cast in silver with the Viking symbol for protection carved into it.
"Please, no one except my brother and your grandmother calls me Niklaus. You can call me Klaus." Niklaus smirked, ruffling the boy's hair.

A few hours later, Lance and Ruby walked through the door hand in hand, a few bags of food in their free hands.
After introductions on Ruby's behalf had been made, everyone sat around the table and dug into what was effectively a buffet.
"I have to hand it to your grandmother, Ruby." Niklaus chuckled through a mouthful of food. "She can make a damn good cheeseburger."
"Wait until you try her desserts. You'll believe you've died and gone to Heaven." She giggled.
"Her banana split is my favourite." Henry grinned, eyeing up one of the desserts peeking through the brown paper bag.
"I'll be sure to have a taste." The Hybrid smirked.
Freya smiled at how well the two of them were getting on. She knew they'd get on the best, but she couldn't help but also admire how well Emma and Elijah were connecting.
"Oh yes, speaking of desserts." Elijah wiped his mouth with a napkin as he stood up. "I've left something in the car. Excuse me."
When he returned, he held a brown paper bag. Freya gave him a confused look.
"Beignets straight from our favourite New Orleans bakery." He smiled.
"By the Gods... Elijah, you Heaven send." Freya chuckled, getting up and taking the bag from him.
"I ordered them part made so that they could be fried, fresh and ready to go when we got here."
"You're incredible." The Heretic chuckled, leaning in to give him a hug before turning to the group. "You haven't tasted anything so good."
"Best get them in the fryer then, mom." Emma smiled brightly.

Freya set the plate of freshly made Beignets in the centre of the table, enough for one each with a couple left over.
Freya, Elijah and Niklaus waited for everyone to take a bite and give their verdict.
"Oh my God... These are the best thing I've ever tasted." Ruby said, her mouth still half full.
"They're an old French Quarter Witch family recipe." Niklaus said rather proudly. "We've been going to them since the bakery opened up over one hundred years ago."
"There aren't even words to justify how good these are..." Emma sighed contently, her eyes closed.
"When a century old family recipe works, it'd just be rude to change it." Freya shrugged, taking her first bite.
"You're damn right." Lance winked.
Freya looked to Elijah. "Thank you so much for bringing these."
"You're most welcome, my dear." He smiled.

Later that evening, after Emma and Henry had gone home, Freya, Killian, Lance, Ruby, Elijah and Niklaus sat in the living room with the fire crackling and soft piano music in the background, glasses of vintage red wine in hand, but orange juice for Freya.
"What a day..." Freya sighed, curling up against Killian.
"Honestly, I can't remember the last time I felt so domestic." Niklaus gave a chuckle.
"I can't say I've seen it either." Freya raised an eyebrow, a mischievous smirk on her lips.
The six sat in a comfortable silence, taking in the music.
"Is this who I think it is?" Elijah asked, gesturing to the record player.
"Of course." Freya smiled into her glass as she took a sip of her juice.
"Who is it?" Ruby frowned.
"It's Freya." Niklaus said.
Ruby and Killian looked to the Heretic in shock.
"You never told me you played the piano, love." Killian smiled.
"Oh, I play a lot." Freya sniggered. "In fact, I sing, play guitar, bass, drums, piano, violin and ukulele, to be precise."
"Wow, that's a lot." Ruby gasped.
"That is the product of eternity, my dear." Freya winked before glancing back at Killian. "Why do you think we have a huge grand piano over there?" She pointed to the corner of the living room.
"Honestly, I thought it was just for aesthetic." He chuckled.
Freya laughed, shaking her head as she got up.
She took the needle from the record and moved over to the piano, taking a seat at the stool.
She lifted the lid and let her fingers trace the keys as she decided what to play.
"Do you remember that piece you composed in Paris about a century ago?" Niklaus asked.
"Say no more." Freya smirked, finding the right keys.
As she began to play, Killian and Ruby's eyes widened, their lips parting in shock as the romantically sad piece filled their ears.
Once done, the room burst into a round of applause.
Freya stood and took a deep, over dramatized bow.
"You surprise me even now, Stowaway." Killian smiled as she sat back down, placing a kiss on her hair.