Impossible

Chapter Seventeen.

The next morning, Freya and Killian would face the music.
"So how was the blood bank, Killian?" Lance asked as he made his way to the dining table, where breakfast awaited.
"Creepy, as always." The Pirate replied.
Freya sat at the opposite end of the huge dining table to Killian, smirking as she sipped her mimosa.
"Of course it was." The Vampire shook his head, unable to hide his smile. "You guys are brutal - setting me up like that."
"Fine, we're caught, Killi." Freya chuckled, putting down her champagne glass. "But seriously, how did it go?"
"It went great, thank you very much. We had a great time and have a second date on Saturday." Lance winked.
"See?" Freya glanced to Killian, taking another sip from her mimosa. "Told you there was something there."
"Oh, so this was your idea." Lance raised an eyebrow. "I should've known."
The Heretic shrugged. "It worked out, didn't it?" Lance nodded, reluctantly. "So there's no problem."
All of a sudden, a wash of nausea came over Freya.
She put her glass down and rushed to the downstairs bathroom, barely making it before she puked up a repulsive mixture of pancakes, mimosa and blood.
"Freya?" Killian appeared in the doorway, a look of deep concern on his face. "Are you alright, love?"
"Yeah..." She replied, very confused. "I think I'm okay."
She flushed the toilet and got up, moving past Killian to go upstairs to their En Suite to brush her teeth.
Downstairs, she could hear Killian and Lance talking.
"That's never happened before..." She heard Killian say.
"Probably because it shouldn't be possible." Lance said. "Vampires are technically dead. We don't vomit."
"Well, would you like to tell Freya that? Because I think she missed the memo." Killian sighed.
Freya placed her toothbrush back into the holder and leaned on the bathroom counter, staring at herself in the mirror.
She looked clammy and pale and generally horrible.

Back downstairs, Killian and Lance looked over as she walked back into the dining room, sharing extremely worried expressions.
"Are you okay, Frey?" Lance asked.
"Must've been something I ate." She shook it off.
"Maybe you should see a doctor, love." Killian walked over, taking her in his arms as he kissed her hair.
"No, I'm fine. I shan't be the only Vampire in existence to need a bloody doctor." She frowned, hugging his waist.
Killian simply glanced to Lance.

At the hospital, a less than happy Freya sat on a bed, waiting for Doctor Whale to return.
When he did, he looked just as confused as the rest of them.
"Well, Miss Klay..." He started. "The news I have is... Delicate. Would you feel better if we spoke alone?"
Freya glanced between Killian and Lance.
"No, it's fine. Just out with it." She sighed.
It felt like forever before Doctor Whale said anything, which, to a thousand year old Vampire, was quite the achievement.
"You're pregnant." He gave a small smile.
Freya gave him a look like he'd just wedgied a twelve year old, then broke out into laughter.
"This is a joke. You're joking, right?" She sniggered.
Doctor Whale's expression turned blank.
"No, I'm deadly serious, Miss Klay." He replied.
Freya stopped laughing.
Her face changed to that of confusion and slight terror.
She looked to Lance, who looked pretty much the same and then to Killian who had an entirely unreadable face.
"But... That's not possible..." She frowned.
"May I give my theory?" Doctor Whale asked. Freya nodded. "You told me your form of magic was rare. That you were from a specific coven."
"The Gemini Coven, yes." Freya nodded.
"Well, I think your magic sensed how you had been with Emma all those years. I believe that the magic amplified your need and want for your own child that it created its own type of spell that surpassed all of the Vampire and technically dead...Ness." He waved his hand, gesturing to Freya's body. "Your magic, plus your undying love for our esteemed Captain, here, you were able to conceive."
Freya took a moment to think it over.
"Well, it's the only explanation we've got and knowing my magic... It kind of makes sense." She sighed, looking to Killian. "What do you think?"
Killian breathed a chuckle of disbelief. "I think I'm bloody over the moon."
He scooped her up in his arms, taking all this in.
"Then so am I." The Heretic whispered. "I love you."
"I love you too."

Back at the house, Freya had organised a small gathering. Emma, Henry, Regina, Mary Margaret, David and Ruby were all there.
"How the Hell is this possible?" Emma attempted to wrap her head around the new information.
"I've already gone over that once, Em." Freya sighed.
"Yeah, I know. But that doesn't mean it makes any sense." She chuckled. "But I couldn't be happier for you." She walked over and hugged her adopted mother tightly and held Killian's hand. "For the both of you."
Killian gave her hand a squeeze and smiled to her.
"Looks like we're going to have to shuffle your precious library around." He smirked to his love.
Freya gasped and glared at him. "We're not touching my damn library. Not yet, anyway."
The room erupted into an array of chuckles as Killian leaned in and kissed his love's forehead.

That evening, Lance had gone out to help Emmawith an errand, which left Killian and Freya home alone, curled up on the sofa,watching the fireplace as the flames danced to a silent tune.
"After I turned, I never thought I'd see the day I became a mother." The Heretic mumbled softly as she rested her head on Killian's chest.
"You already are a mother." He chuckled, kissing her hair.
She sighed and tapped him. "You know what I mean. Biologically."
"To be honest, I thought I'd spend the rest of my life at sea. I never thought I'd have the time for fatherhood." He smiled at the thought.
"And now we get to do this together." Freya leaned up, looking into his eyes.
"Yes we do, my beautiful Stowaway." He arched his neck downwards and kissed her softly.
Freya reached up, cupping his face as she deepened their kiss.
"I love you." She whispered against his lips.
"Marry me." He mumbled.
The Heretic sat up in shock.
"What?"
"I'm serious. Marry me." He repeated.
Freya frowned. "You can't just say these things because I'm pregnant..."
"Freya, I'm not." He sat up and moved to the floor, on one knee, pulling out a small, wooden ring box. He opened it to reveal a stunning black gold ring with a ruby in the middle, decorated with black gold skulls, just like the ones on the Jolly Roger. "I had this made just before I lost you the first time."
"You've kept it all that time?" Freya asked, entirely in shock.
"I knew I'd find you again. I knew because I love you with all my being, Stowaway. I want us to raise this child together and I want you to be mine forever as I will be yours. Marry me, Freya Klay." He smiled up at her.
"Killian..." She breathed, feeling hot tears prick in her eyes. "Of course I will. Yes."
Killian grinned wider than he had done in his entire life, leaping forward to embrace his love in his arms.
Freya separated them, leaning in slightly to kiss him with everything she had.
They parted so that Killian could slip the ring on her finger. A perfect fit.
"I love you." He said.
"I love you too." She smiled.
Killian stood up and held out his hand. Freya took it instantly and they made their way upstairs.