1.5

The teenage boy clutched the DVD player under his arm as he walked down the corridor towards his apartment. It had been almost four months since his strange encounter with Scottie Casey, and since then he had been kept relatively busy with the small crime throughout Queens and other areas of Manhattan.

Although he had managed to keep his new found abilities to himself, he found that it was getting a little lonely. Especially when he had been watching all of the news about the Avengers solving mission after mission and all he was doing was stopping a few robbers from stealing a bike.

"Hey, May!" Peter yelled as he walked into the apartment, adjusting his pizza scientific t-shirt that he was wearing.

"Mmm. Hey. How was school today?" She called back from where she was sitting on the couch, her eyes still wide as she tried to adjust to the man that was sitting on her couch with a grin on his face.

"Okay. This crazy car parked outside..." Peter started before trailing off as he realised why there was a crazy car parked outside.

Tony Stark was sitting on his couch, half eating a piece of his aunt's walnut date loaf as he turned to smile at the boy.

"Oh, Mr. Parker."

Peter ripped the earbuds from his ears as his jaw dropped at the man in front of him. He felt his hands get clammy slightly as he tried to process exactly what Tony Stark AKA Iron Man was doing sitting in his apartment.

"What- What are you doing...? Hey! Uh, I'm-I'm-I'm Peter," he stammered out, still confused on what was going on. "What are... What are you - What are you - What are you doing here?"

"It's about time we met. You've been getting my e-mails, right?" Tony asked, raising his eyebrows slightly aggressively to make sure that Peter played along with what Tony was trying to say. Peter gaped at him for a little longer before shaking out of it.

"Yeah. Yeah. Regarding the..." Peter trailed off as he tried to think of what excuse Tony might have given his aunt for the billionaires sudden appearance in their life.

"You didn't tell me about the grant!" May exclaimed, causing Peter to snap his fingers as if he had forgotten all about it.

"About the grant," Peter murmured, trying to get rid of the confusion look that had spread across his face.

"The September Foundation. Yeah. Remember when you applied? My colleague recommended you, said she's heard great things," Tony said, reminding the boy of exactly how Tony had caught wind of him. "I approved, so now we're in business."

___

Vision hovered above the ground in the corner of the room, eyes closed and slowly bobbing up and down. Scottie and Wanda sat in silence across from each other, neither saying anything.

"You know, I didn't even know androids slept," Scottie mused, breaking the gut-wrenching silence between herself and Wanda. The red head laughed lightly, the last time Scottie figured she would hear it for a while.

They both knew what was coming next - how could they not? The TV had been playing the news for the past hour on the explosion at the accord signings, how their friends were safe but those who hadn't signed or intended to sign were going to be hunted down as fugitives, how Steve and Sam had escaped government capture along with the Winter Solider.

Scottie knew Wanda was next to go.

"They don't," Wanda murmured gently, Scottie's eyes shooting back to the girl. "He's just in stasis to reserve power."

"Hmm," Scottie mused, not sure what to reply to that. She knew Wanda had spent a lot more time with Vision than she had, but it would always amaze her that they shared such a close friendship. She figured that had she not rejoined the team, Wanda would most likely have spent all of her time with the android.