1.6

"You okay, kid?" Rhodey asked, his hand lightly clapping on to Scottie's shoulder as they all sat aboard the quinjet. The blonde girl didn't look up from the bracelet on her wrist as she shrugged to the man.

They would be arriving at the German airport soon and Scottie knew this was the definite moment that would mark the end of the Avengers. They all knew that this was going to end in a fight; both sides were too focused on their causes to try and put their differences aside. The rest of them in the quinjet thought they could understand the pain that the girl was going through emotionally but Scottie knew that really only Natasha understood how she was feeling.

Clint had sided with Steve as had Wanda. While Wanda might have been Scottie's romantic soulmate, Clint and Natasha were always going to be platonic soulmates. Natasha had assured the girl that once this was all over - if it didn't escalate how they all knew it would - that Wanda would understand why she couldn't take the same side as her.

Scottie knew this wasn't going to end peacefully.

Looking up at where a young Peter Parker was sitting across from her in his new suit, Scottie felt slightly sick at how he almost seemed excited for what was to come next. Sure, she knew he didn't know the others the way she knew them, but she wasn't entirely sure she agreed with Tony bringing in a teenager who really didn't understand the issues at bay to a battle he had no experience to fight in.

Turning her eyes slightly to the right of the boy caused her to make eye contact with Natasha. The woman was looking directly back at her with sympathy in her eyes as she knew Scottie was at war with herself and not just the rest of their friends.

A warm hand on her forearm caused her head to snap directly back to her left. Tony stood in his suit as he looked at the girl he called a daughter, slight regret and concern written all over his face.

"You don't need to be here," he told the girl, a scowl slightly on his mouth as he knew how this whole situation was breaking her.

"I do," Scottie finally spoke, everyone's heads turning to look at her as she broke her day of silence. "I need to do this for me."

__________
"You're after the wrong guy," Steve called out. Eyeing up Tony, Rhodey and T'Challa as they all stood on the Concorde at the airport.

Scottie was walking alongside Natasha, coming to rest just on the left of Steve as they waited for the moment for their entrance. They didn't want to corner the man, but if this turned violent they knew it was going to take more than just one of them to take him down.

"Your judgment is askew. Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday!" Tony yelled back, a snarl falling from his mouth as he reminded Steve of the events that had occurred while Scottie and Wanda had shared their final moments together just the night before.

"And there are five more super soldiers just like him. I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't," Steve tried to bargain with them, his shield tightly grasped in his hand as Scottie found her mind drifting to the fact that only one of Steve's team seemed to be here and that happened to be the man himself.

Natasha stepped slightly in front of Scottie as she allowed her own voice to join into the mix, a tiny hint of desperation as she tried to prevent a fight they all knew was inevitable.

"Steve... you know what's about to happen. Do you really wanna punch your way out of this one?"

Steve looked over at Natasha and Scottie, his eyes softening as he noticed the thick black bags under Scottie's eyes. Clint had told them how she had let the archer and Wanda leave, but he knew she was here to fight for the cause.