2.7

Scottie yelped as she swung her arm towards another outrider, only to have one latch its teeth on to her outstretched arm. She could almost feel Wanda's panic from the lab at the sound of Scottie screaming out in pain, but she simply shut her eyes tightly as she focused on protecting Vision and Shuri in the lab.

There was a quick thud as the creature on her arm was sliced apart by the black, vibranium shield that had been gifted to Steve for the time being. The man grabbed the girl up from the ground, holding her slightly to him as he tried to use the shields to protect them both from the creatures that had began to swarm them in overwhelming numbers.

From under Steve's arm, Scottie could see that Bruce had been dog-piled by the creatures, the man frantically trying to push them off. She squirmed in Steve's protective hold, reaching out and trying to shoot one of her beams of light at the creatures but only managing to take out one of two of them, while trying to hold back the oncoming ones from Steve and herself.

"There's too many of them!"

Scottie's hand flew to cover her eyes as only metres away a large beam of rainbow-hued light shot down on the ground from the sky. She paused for a moment, slowly moving her arm back as she tried to focus on what the beam was with nothing but confusion on her face. She hadn't seen the man in a significantly long time, but even then, she was sure the Thor she knew had longer hair.

Thor stood tall where the beam of light had once been, lightning crackling all around him as he caught the ax that had pulled all of the creatures off of her and Steve. She squinted slightly as she tried to tell herself that she was not imagining the man having a tree person and a racoon with a gun standing next to him. There were so many things that had happened since she had died and even this wasn't really one of the strangest things she had seen today.

"Hahaha! You guys are so screwed now!"

Scottie would have laughed at Bruce had the circumstances been any different, but she had returned to fighting back to back with Steve to take down the creatures that were ripping through not just their comrades but also through each other.

"BRING ME THANOS!" Thor screamed from behind her, the sky almost darkening as his lightning absolved the energy in the air and focused it on the evil aliens.

Scottie was definitely sure that he was not this powerful when they had fought together to stop Loki from killing all of Manhattan, but then again, she was certainly not as powerful then as she was now either. A lot had changed since 2011 for them all.

"Steve," Scottie panted, noticing that they had managed to clear their small area of creatures for just a second. The man moved to stand beside her, putting his hand on her shoulder as he continued to study the battlefield beside them all.

A sudden thud beside them cause them both to turn offensively to their right, only to notice the God of Thunder standing there with his new axe cradled in his hands.

"New haircut?" Steve asked, a small smirk on his face.

"Notice you've copied my beard," Thor joked, pointing to his own face with a smirk. Scottie noticed the deep cuts on Thor's face, realising that the man must have also been battling elsewhere before arriving on their battlefield.

Scottie jumped slightly as the tree person suddenly impaled three of the creatures from next to her, a small scream coming out of her lips in shock as she hadn't even noticed the tree standing next to them and Thor.

"By the way, this is a friend of mine. Tree."

"I am GROOT!" The tree snarled back, stabbing another creature with its branch like limbs. Scottie blinked in disbelief at what she was seeing, utterly amazed that this was actually happening before her.