Chapter 4: What We Become

author's note: hey guys! I'm going to start doing different point of views! so you guys can get different perspectives!
and THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 100 READS! 💕💕

Emma's POV

"Who wants pancakes?" James yelled, trying to sing the words.

"Please, I'm sooo hungry," I say, flying of the fort. My hair was a mess, I forgot to take my messy bun out. Now it was a messy, messy bun. But I knew they wouldn't make fun of me so I didn't care.

Turns out, that I had to make the pancakes, because James took two hours to do his makeup, as usual.

My bump from Daniella was still gave me headaches. I tried to rub it but that made it hurt more.

I used James's coffee machine. It's not as good as mine (surprisingly) but maybe that's because I have a different taste.

   I hear Ethan and Grayson wake up. I guess they smelled the pancakes.

By the time James is done, I realize I probably should go home. "Bye guys!" I say.

"Bye Emma!" James says.

"Bye Em," Grayson says.

Ethan smiles and waves. I grab my keys from my bag. Why is he so damn cute?

Wait, it's Christmas tomorrow! I totally forgot. Why does this happen every year?

I get into my car and drive home to find my wallet for late Christmas shopping. I pull into the parking lot. There was a lot less cars than usual. Everyone was traveling.

As I walked to my apartment, someone was leaning on my door. A familiar face flashed their head straight toward me. It was the one and only- Daniella.

I stopped in my tracks. She walked toward me in her red heels. "Hey," she said with no emotion. I could tell she was angry.

"So Ethan called me, last night," she said. "We broke up. And I believe that it's your fault."

I stood there, not saying a word. She walked up to me and hit me straight in the face, with a swift punch. That's twice she's physically hurt me. Even more verbally.

I fall on the sidewalk. Daniella stood over me, looked at me with her cold eyes. "On the phone call, I specifically said, if you go after Ethan, WE are going to have a problem," she said. As she was walking away, I was stupid enough to say something.

"How did you get my address?" I asked.

She didn't face me. "You should really check if your address is blurred out in your videos." Daniella got in her car and drove away.

I should move out of this apartment. I force myself to get up from the sidewalk. My head is throbbing, I can feel my face heating up.

   I turn my key in the door, and I see my kitchen a mess. I see Olivia didn't wash the dishes.

   It took me 1 hour to wash all the dishes. Guess I'm getting take out tonight. The fridge is empty. It's not like there was much in there anyway.

I'm questioning if I should hang out with anyone? Probably not. Everyone would just questions the second bump on my face.

Ethan's POV

  I'm so hungry. Grayson was out. And I'm just here. Alone. I miss her. Damnit. Emma makes me happy. Do I like her? No. I can't. It would ruin everything.

   I go to my phone, open iMessage, and start texting Emma.

   Me: Hey Em, do you wanna hang out? It's pretty lonely over here lol.

   I definitely shouldn't have done that. Ugh, I'm so stupid! I bury my face in my hands and throw my phone down on my bed.

   I can't stop thinking about last night. Her crying in my arms. I wanted to hold her. I wanted to care for her. Damnit Ethan, shut up!

   Suddenly, my phone buzzes.

   Emma's POV

    I'm scrolling through Instagram when I text from Ethan shows up at the top of my screen. I swipe down.

   Ethan: Hey Em, do you wanna hang out? It's pretty lonely over here lol.

   Oh crap. Again, this was supposed to be a me-day. Oh well. This would be the third time we hung out this week.

   Me: yeah, your place?

   I shut off my phone and close my eyes for 30 seconds. Maybe this would make us closer, hanging out together alone.

   I felt my phone vibrate next to me. I almost dropped it from grabbing it so quickly.

   Ethan's POV

   After I read Emma's message, I send her:

   Me: yes, and Grayson went out so it's just us.

   Emma: yeah obvi haha

Me: can i pick you up in 20?

Emma: yeah ofc haha I could take my own car though

Me: well you aren't wasting any gas haha

   Am I doing this because I want to see what me and Emma can be? As in more than friends?

I was excited to see how this would go, but scared at the same time. She probably didn't like me back. That is if I like her.

There was this little voice in my head, telling me that if I make a move, it'll ruin everything.

But I can't stop think about the night we hugged for a long time. I wanted to stay there. Forever. I felt safe, appreciated. God, she was beautiful.

I'm in love with Emma Chamberlain. In love. The word love was big enough to begin with. But I did. And no one is going to stop that.

I'm gonna pick her up some coffee. Or a postmate would work to. NO, I'm gonna get her some coffee myself, for once.

Emma's POV

   I rushed to the bathroom, got my makeup, and attempted to cover up the red mark on my cheek. I got powder. It mostly covered it up. I'll just keep putting my hand on my cheek the whole time. I stuffed my powder into my small handbag.

After another 5 minutes of panicking, I rush into my closet and pick out high waisted jeans, a lavender crop top, and my white Fila sneakers.

As soon as I ran downstairs to get my coffee machine going, the doorbell rang. Let's hope this powder works.

hey guys! (again) sorry i didn't upload much this week! school's busy as hell.