Chapter 15: Smiles and Cries

A couple months later: Emma's Birthday

     Emma's POV

     My alarm went off at 8:00. "Damn," I said, aggressively slamming my finger to the snooze button.

     I was sick for the past week and all I wanted to do was sit, sulk and eat chips.

     Then, I remembered what day it was. My birthday. One of my friends was probably planning something really fun and cool, which I'd probably throw up doing.

Then I remembered Ethan. Who was also sick unfortunately because of me. I kissed him the first day I was sick and then it spread on from there.

I felt so bad. I picked up my phone and facetimed Ethan.

His tired voice filled the room as he answered. "Emma?" he said, obviously tired.

"Hey babe," I said. "Wanna meet?"

      "I'm kinda busy today but maybe around eight?" he muttered.

I smiled and said "Okay, love you."

"I love you too," he said, then hung up the phone. I smirked again, thinking of Ethan.

      I slept for another hour, setting yet another alarm, so I didn't sleep through my birthday.

     Slowly, I get up from my warm bed and head to my closet. I get a text on my phone. It's from my Olivia.

      olivia😌💛: meet me at philz ;)

     A sigh escapes from my lips, I didn't feel like going anywhere today, but it is my birthday after all.

     I get dressed and head to the kitchen to make some avocado toast. My phone rings again. It's Olivia again.

      I pick up and she immediately says "Are you coming?!"

     "Okay, okay, calm down," I said, laughing a little bit. I was excited, but scared I might puke in whatever they might on.

     "I'm getting dressed one second," I said quickly. I slipped on the white hoodie Ethan lended me, my Fila sneakers and shorts. I ran out the door as fast as I could. I didn't wanna risk Olivia being mad at me.

I drove to the coffee shop, got out of my car and sprinted to the front door. I could see Olivia sitting on the small bench, waiting impatiently.

I ran up to her and hugged her too. We left and

"Hey Bitch!" she said when she saw me, yelling so loud the whole building could hear her. I gave her a look and she tackled me. I laughed, it hurt my stomach but it was mild.

I peered over Olivia's shoulder to see my other bestfriend Amanda sitting there. I ran over to her and gave her a hug.

"So what was so important that you dragged me over here?" I said.

"We're taking you on a helicopter!" they yelled in unison.

Don't get me wrong, I am definitely excited. I just don't feel like throwing up 1000 feet in the air.

     But I pretended to be more excited then I actually was anyways. "AHHHH thank you guys!" I exclaimed, which hurt my stomach even more.

We headed to the building where the event was taking place and got on the helicopter that my friends rented for an hour.

     I had a pretty good time, besides the constant feeling of having to throw up and all. I'm so excited so hang out with Ethan though. I know, it's selfish for me to think of that now. I should be having a good time with my friends, not thinking about my boyfriend.

     However, a small feeling inside of me hoped he was thinking about me too.

author's note:

HEY GUYS, i'm soooo sorry i've been so inactive. this chapter is short and i apologize. i just have a lack of inspiration rn. also THANKS FOR 8K