Chapter 5: Confession

Thank you guys so much for 200 reads!💗💞💜💖💘💕💝

Emma's POV

   I swing open my door, to see Ethan standing there with a carrier full of Philz coffee. I almost drool. "Thank god, I was falling asleep," I said, laughing.

Snatching the coffee out of the carrier, I start to walk out the door. Ethan grabs my arm. "Wait", he says. "Do you wanna go anywhere besides my house?"

"I don't know. You?" I say.

"The park? More coffee?" he says.

   "Maybe we could go to the park with that coffee shop?" I say, chuckling.

   "Sounds good," Ethan says smiling. God, I love that smile.

   I get into his jeep and jump in the passenger seat. Ethan grasps his hands around the wheel and shifts in his seat.

   As we start to drive, I feel a tension in the car. We didn't talk, the radio was off. Silence. As usual when Ethan and I are alone.

What was I thinking? We never hang out alone and this is already awkward as hell.

Ethan's POV

I want to tell her. Tell her how I feel. This is already the most awkward moment of my life so why not make it more awkward?

I'll do it. At the park. I'll finally tell her how I feel.

I speak up and say, "Has Daniella contacted you at all since we broke up?" Damnit Ethan, that's the worst thing to say.

"No," she quickly responds. Emma looks toward the window, and leans her head against it.

I nudge her arm. "Why so tense," I chuckle.

Emma shrugs. "Just tired I guess." We stay in silence until we get there.

I open the passenger seat door. I watch her as she jumps down from the seat. She's so beautiful.

Emma spots a playground and sees little one year olds playing on the slide. Her eyes light up. She loves babies.

I smile at her. I take her arm and pull her to the coffee shop. Emma pouts as we walk past the babies. I laugh at her.

"B-But the babies," she says.

"We can watch them after, it's coffee time now," I tell her. I'm not pulling her anymore. She's walking beside me with her arm in mine.

Does she like me? Is there a possibility? And then I say the dumbest thing imaginable.

Emma's POV

"Emma, I have to tell you something," Ethan says. I look up at him, and notice that my arm is still in his. I turn to him.

"Yeah?" I say. I look up at his hazel eyes. He looks nervous, and sweaty.

Ethan takes my hands in his. "Emma, I-" he starts to say, but he's cut off by a small child tugging on his shirt.

It's a little girl with pig tails, about six. "Hi, can you help me find my mommy?" she says.

I look at Ethan. "We can talk later," I say with smile. He nods. Was he going to tell me he likes me too? I mean, he did hold my hand. And surprisingly, still is.

"Hi, where do you see her before you got lost?" I say. The little girl points to the right, by the playground.

   "Okay, show her to me if we see her," I say, gently. I take the little girl's hand and walk her to the playground.

   After twenty minutes of looking, we found the mother on a near by bench sleeping, with a book in her hand. After we handed the little girl over to her mother, Ethan and I walked to the little coffee shop.

"You're so great with kids," Ethan says.

"Well I have a lot of experience," I said. "You do know I have about twenty little children in my family."

He didn't respond. He just smiled.

We sat at the coffee shop for two hours, talking and joking. I thought about what he had to tell me, but I didn't bring it up.

It was Christmas Eve. I had to drive home early to see my family later. It was about 7 pm when I got home.

Ethan walked me to my door. The sun was setting. He grabbed my hand. and enclosed it in his.

"Emma, I have to tell you something."