Chapter 13: Fight

Ethan's POV

Emma pulls me down, yanking my shirt. She's cute when she nervous. I smile and look straight at her.

"Why are you smiling?" Emma asks, biting her fingernails.

"Just thinks of how cute you are," I reply coolly.

"This is no time for compliments E" she whispers. I smile anyways and duck down even more.

Grayson is talking to Daniella. She's completely oblivious that we are even here. For now.

I spot Grayson headed to the car. I continue to slump down and end up on the floor of the car, knees locked in my chest.

The car door opens. I see Grayson put a finger over his mouth, as if we were making to much noise. I leaned on the car door, making an attempt to get comfortable.

I hear Emma wince as she backs up, trying to conceal herself from Daniella. All of a sudden, the back foot opens. I fall backwards but catch the seatbelt, suspending my fall.

Looking up, I see Daniella, staring straight at me. Her face was red and it looked like she was about to burst.

"Uhhh," I utter out. I look at Emma. Her eyes are wide and nervous. She looks like a serial killer just found us.

"I get how this happened, it all makes sense now," Daniella says, slowly stepping away from the car. 

      Emma raised her eyebrows and reached behind her to open the door. She slowly got out and I did as well.

     She came around the car. I looked up at Daniella nervously and tried to take Emma's hand, but she pulled away.

     Daniella smirked. "You told Grayson to hit me, didn't you?" she said. Crap. "To get back at me for my remark?

Emma's mouth opens in shock. "N-no, why would you think that," she stutters.

"It's pretty obvious," Daniella states, taking a few steps back and slipping her phone out of her pocket.

"What are you doing," I say curiously, taking a few steps toward Daniella. She steps back.

"You know exactly what I'm about to do."

Emma's POV

No, this cannot be happening. I start to panic. Daniella turns her phone around, so we can see how she's gonna expose us.

Her finger hovers over the "post" button. "Daniella please don't," I tell her, putting my hands together.

"Oh I will," Daniella says, her snarky smile plastered across her face.

I couldn't think. I wouldn't think.

Without any thought, I sprinted to Daniella, smacking the phone out of her hand and under the wheel of a moving car.

She stood there. Eyes wide and blazing with anger. "What... the... hell," Daniella says, balling her fists.

"I-I'll buy you a new one," I manage to mutter out, taking a few steps back avoiding another beating.

     Daniella was fully capable of buying the new phone herself, but again, I didn't want to add another bruise on my face.

     She looks like she's gonna explode. All that for a stupid picture.

     I look at Ethan, noticing he hasn't said a word. He looks stunned, shocked even.

     Turning back to Daniella, she walks back to her car. She gives me one final stare until she drives away, casually, like no one just hit her car and smacked her phone out of her hands.

Ethan stood there, with his mouth open for about two minutes. I poked him in the chest. "Earth to Ethan," I say, waving a hand in front of his face.

He flinched like he was in a trance. "Sorry, I was just thinking," He said, scratching the back of his neck.

We got back into the car and me being the one that barely sleeps, leans my head against Ethan's chest, where I dozed off until we got home.

     We switched cars so Ethan could drive me home. He planned to spend the night anyways.

     I dragged him inside and wrapped my arms around him. He kissed my forehead and grasped my sides, picking me up and swinging me around.

     I giggled as he set me down. "Movie?" I asked.

     "Emma it's late," Ethan said.

     "It's eight o'clock," I said raising my eyebrows.

     "Oh," he chucked a little bit.

     "Please," I said, looking at him through my lashes.

     "Fine, but just one. We both know how you like to binge movies all night."

     I roll my eyes and gesture for Ethan to sit. The movie turned on and a laid across the whole sofa, laying my feet on Ethan's lap.

     I look at Ethan. "What's on your mind babe," I ask looking up and into his eyes.

     "Have you ever thought of telling the fans," Ethan asked. Again, my eyebrows raise.

     "After what happened with Daniella, you should know my answer," I say, paying attention to the movie.

     "It wouldn't be such a bad thing, for them to know about us, you know."

     "Ethan, we can't tell them. Not now at least."

     "They deserve to know Emma."

     "Ethan, it's illegal for you to date me. You're nineteen. I'm seventeen. I'm technically still a child. Until May 22ed apparently," I sit up to face him.

     "And I want to keep this private. I get enough hate to begin with," I continue. "I could see it from here. Ethan shouldn't be with Emma. Emma doesn't deserve him. She's too ugly to date him."

     "That won't happen Emma," Ethan says.

     "People adore you E, people hate me," I said. "But I love you. And I'll never stop loving you."

     "Emma," Ethan says. "Maybe we should take a break."

      I sit straight up, thrusting my feet off of Ethan. "W-what?"

     "You know, so no one suspects anything. It will only be until your birthday. When we can tell the fans."

     "Did you not hear anything I just said," I say, bolting straight up off the couch.

     My eyes start to water. No crying Emma. You'll look like a idiot if you cry.

     But it happens anyway. I run into the bathroom, and lock the door. I can't stand to see him. He probably wasn't even listening to anything I was saying.

     I hear him run after me. Tears stream down my face like a waterfall.

     "Emma, please open the door," I hear his muffled voice say.

     "Just leave," I say harshly.

     "Emma, plea-."

     "LEAVE ME ALONE E," I yell, causing more and more tears.

     "I love you, Emma. I'm sorry. Please, open the door." I hear his voice crack a little. Was he crying?

     "Ethan, please." I dig my head into my knees as I hear him slowly get up, open the door and leave.