Chaptet 14: Love of my Life

Emma's POV

It's been a week. A week since I last cried. A week from when Ethan embraced me. One whole week without him.

I have to stay strong, if I give in, he wins.

I lay in my bed twenty minutes after my alarm initially went off. I miss him.

I can't go on like this. I haven't talked to anyone in person for that whole week. I haven't even left my house (only for coffee).

My phone rings. I flip it over. Grayson.

Gray😎: hey can you come over? Ethan hasn't left his room in days.

I groan and put my phone down. It was 10:03 am. I don't feel like going anywhere at this point.

I close my eyes and finally drift to sleep. Then the phone rings. Not my iPhone. The home phone. That's supposed to not be working.

I sigh and head down stairs. It's probably just some people trying to hack my social security.

I pick up. "Hi, this is Emma," I say.

"Emma please," a voice said. It was Grayson.

"Really Gray?" I asked in annoyance.

"Please, you're the only one that can get through to him," he said. "And we both know you both miss each other."

I pause. I do. I really do. But I can't.

"Grayson, I just can't see him right now."

"Sure you can, Emma I'm begging you," Grayson said.

I yawn, thinking about what I should do.
"Fine," I say. "I'll come, for Ethan's sake."

"Come now," he says, immediately hanging up the phone right after. He was more aggressive than usual.

     I pack my bag and sigh. What am I going to say? Thoughts blazing in my mind about what I was going to do, what I was going to say.

     I love him. And I have to help him.

     I turned my key in my car and drove twenty minutes to their house. I parked in their driveway and stopped the engine.

     I waited in the car for an extra five minutes, planning my entrance.

     I walked up to the door and knocked. My eyes wandered around. Grayson's car wasn't there. That little-

     My thoughts were interrupted by the door swinging open, pushing a gust of wind toward me.

     Ethan. He stood there. Looking at me. He had a black beanie on and clothes that looked like they haven't been washed in days.

     "Hey... E," I said slowly. All of a sudden, he pulled me into a hug and surprisingly, I hugged him back.

     "I missed you," we both said in unison. I looked up to Ethan staring at me with soft eyes.

     "I'm so sorry Emma, I shouldn't have said it. Truth is, I don't think I could live without you," Ethan said. He started to tear up but I wiped his eyes before the water ways flowed.

"Shhh, it's okay," I said stroking his hair. And then, all my anger and sadness disappeared.

"Come in, I'll make you some food," he said.

"You can cook?" I ask once again.

"Well when your stuck in the house sulking for days, I was bored," Ethan said laughing.

     Then I suddenly felt bad. I didn't realize how much I put him through.

     I let go of his hand and look away from him. "Hey, what's wrong?" Ethan asks cupping my face in his large hands.

     "I'm so sorry for everything I put you through," I said looking down.

     "It's okay," he said lifting my chin to face him. "You know I love you, right?"

     "I love you too E," I said, basically launching myself into his chest.

He stroked my hair and I went up on my toes to kiss him. I took his head in my hands. God, I didn't realize how much I missed him until now.

     We kissed for about two minutes and then he let go. I pouted as Ethan dragged me into the kitchen.

     Ethan's POV

     I was ecstatic. I spent the past week sulking in my room, just thinking about the tears that I caused.

     And now she was here. Standing right in front of me. The love of my life.

     I dragged her into the kitchen, determined to impress her with my newfound cooking "skills," which I obviously was a beginner at.

     Emma pouted as I pulled away from our kiss, and trust me, I didn't want to let go either.

     I pulled out a car for her and gestured for her to sit. "Wow, so gentleman like E," Emma laughed out.

     I smirked and looked in the mirror. I was in the same clothes I've worn for five days straight.

     "E?" Emma asked concerned.

     "Oh sorry, just wait one second," I said, kissing her on the forehead.

     I went into my room and rummaged through the drawers, trying to find a clean shirt at least. I took my shirt off and heard Emma walking to my room.

     "Is everything okay E-," she paused, glancing down at my bare chest (author's note: no, there will most likely be no intense sexual scenes in this, just to clarify).

     "Damn E, you've been working out more I see," she chuckled.

     "Maybe you can come with me sometime?" I asked.

     "Hmmm nope, I couldn't keep up." Emma steps closer.

"Sure you can," I said, stepping even closer to her.

She puts her hands on my chest and lifts herself up to kiss me. She's so short, it's one of the things I love about her.

Her eyes pierce into mine, as if they were made for each other.

I kissed her again but for longer. We started making out, not having a care in the world.

I loved her and she loved me. That's all that mattered. All that will ever matter.