6. 👀😳

After my embarrassing fall I tried to avoid Diego's glances throughout the day, I know he kept on trying to get my attention but I was just way to embarrassed.

It was around five in the afternoon and we were all on lunch break. I was getting ready to head out so I could grab something to eat when I heard my name and felt my hand being grabbed. I turned to see Diego.

"Hey, I wanted to see if you wanted to come to the diner with us this time, being that it's not late?"

🎶 Why you so obsessed with me boy I wanna know 🎶

He looked a bit nervous so I nodded my head

"Yeah, sure"

"Yeah?" He asked a bit excited, I laughed and motioned for him to lead the way.

I followed to where him and his friends were.

"Hey guys A.J is coming with us today." Diego  said

"Ohhh girl yaas okay so Diego tells me that your name is Persephone but you don't like to be called that, first of all why? And second what does A.J stand for it's the complete opposite of Persephone which sounds so magical while A.J sounds like a dude on a soccer team-"

"OKAY Jessica personal space girl" the girl who introduced herself first yesterday said, I think Sierra... yeah Sierra. She grabbed my arm and started walking with me.

"So tell me about you and Diego"

"OKAAAY" I felt myself being grabbed again and taken to the back of the group so we were just following behind. I took a moment to compose myself from all the hands that just grabbed me.

Diego looked at me and slightly laughed as he let go of me and ran his hand through his hair. I stared for minute. He has really nice hair.

"Sorry about that" he said glancing at me.

I shake my head

"No no it's fine it's a bit overwhelming cause I've never been around people like this before but it's nice." I smile at him

He looked at me confused "what do you mean?"

"Well I am not exactly allowed outside by myself this is um sort of a new experience for me." I look down as I feel his eyes on me.

He looked at me shocked "how old are you?"

I laughed "20 actually " I said while nodding

His face was enough of a response. I laughed even more due to the shocked look on His face.

"Yup i am 20 years old and have never been outside by myself before." I chuckled a bit sarcastically

"Why?" He seemed genuinely curious

"Well my mom is afraid... apparently her family, my family, aren't very good people so she's just concerned about me, I guess"

He looked at me contently I could tell he was listening to every word I said which I very much appreciate.

"Soooo why now?" He asked

"Well I finally put my foot down. I said 'listen I am 20 yrs old and it is about time I see the world, whether you like it or not' and she said okay but I have to come straight home right after, that's why I didn't go with you the other night" he nodded.
"I'm flippin 20 for crust sake I-" I stopped myself because I realized exactly what I let slip. Oh god Persephone, why? I slowly turn towards Diego to see him cracking up. I sigh, then I laugh with him too.

"Flippin, crust sake." I shake my head as he repeats what I said. I shrug, I laugh a bit harder realizing how it sounds out loud.

"I know I know okay leave me alone" I push him slightly, laughing and go to walk ahead when he grabs my arm and turns me around. I bumped straight into his chest, which I don't think he meant to do because he looked a bit shocked himself. Our laughter slowly dies down when we realize how close we are. We stared at each other for a bit, I could feel his eyes intensely on me as mine were to him, i had a weird feeling. Diego lets go nervously when we hear a voice.

"Hey guys come on we're here" I hear some one yell, I turn towards the voice then turn back to Diego. I nudge my head in the direction of the diner, signaling for us to go. Diego nods and we walk into the diner.

What the hell was the that?