11. 🚘📞

The car ride was silent for some seconds before Diego broke it.

"What the hell was that in the break room?" He said focused on the road.

"Nothing" I say, ignoring his question.

"Okay let's try that again, what the hell was that in the break room?" I sigh.

"I don't like her, I've never liked her, she sends off a bad vibe and I don't like that, then she keeps pressing to know my name like it's the most important thing in the world. News flash, it's not. And what the fuck was that about her mother's maiden name being Conners? Was she implying something? She had been watching me none stop. And there is this car that keeps on following me and it's freaking me out. At first she pissed me off but now I'm scared, like legit scared, the look she gave at the end of that conversation." I shake my head, freaked out. "It just wasn't right man, it wasn't right."

Diego stops at a red light before looking at me. " first of all, why don't you just tell her your name? Second, I'm sure she didn't mean anything by it and third, what car had been following you?"

Just when I'm about to answer, I see that exact car roll up right next to Diego's car, but this time the windows roll down and the first thing I see is a gun.

My eyes widen "drive." I say.

"What?" He says confused

"DRIVE!!!" I push his leg down so he press' down on the gas, we speed down the road as gunshots hit the back window.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING??? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???, WERE THOSE SHOTS???" He screams, trying to focus on controlling the wheel. I see my house straight ahead.

"BREAKS!" He presses down hard on the breaks making us fly forward but are seatbelts kept us secure, safety first 😉. I get out the car and look down the road, seeing no sign of the car. I turn back to Diego, who is frozen in the drivers seat.

I walk to his side and open the door. "Diego you need to get out now, come on." I say tapping him slightly. He nods before slowly, taking of his seatbelt and putting the car on park he gets out the car and follows me to my front door. I'm open the door and motion him to walk in, i follow behind. I close the door and lock it with all the locks on the door possible. I turn to Diego,

" help me close all the blinds"

I walk around closing the blinds, when I was done I find Diego in the same
spot. I shake my head and grab his arm, dragging him to my room, I close my room door, locking it. Diego sits himself on my bed, still in shock. I take out the house phone I grabbed from the living room and quickly dial my moms phone number. I wait for her to pick up but she doesn't. I call five more times, no answer. Damn it.

The next number I dial is 911.

"Hey, excuse me, I need the police my friend and I were just attacked in our vehicle by another car and two men with guns."

"Okay what is your name and address?"

I tell the operator the information before they tell me to: stay where I am, they will be there soon.

I sigh as the phone call ends. I turn back to Diego. He finally looks at me and says,

"What the hell is going on?"

I shake my head and sit near him. "If I'm being completely honest, I really don't know. But I have an idea, the car that just attacked us, that was the car that has been following me. I think the men in that car were sent by my grandparents and I also think Ronnie is in on it. I'm not completely sure but if I connect the dots that is what I can come up with."

I shake my head before sighing, then I put my head down, with my hands touching my hair. "I'm so sorry, this is family business and now your dragged in this mess.... I'm so so so sorry, I don't know what's happening and I'm freaking out and my mom won't answer her phone and-" Diego quickly grabs my hands causing me to look at him.

"Hey, not saying this is the most ideal situation I'd like to be in right now, but.... I'd rather be here with you then have you walk home alone and go through this by yourself"

I look at him for some time before feel tears build up in my eyes. "I'm scared." I say softly.

"I know" he nods. I lay my head on his shoulder and he wraps his arms around me.

What am I gonna do? I should've just told mom.

_____________________________________

As you can see your girl got her lingo back, yaaaaaay. So here's 3 new chapters for you, enjoy!!! 😊