16. 🥤🤕

I didn't know where I was going, where I was I just kept driving. I got the hang of steering and the gas real fast. I was getting really tired and I was still very dizzy from all the blood I lost.

I can't focus on him, I just gotta get home. He lied to me and even if he apologized and most likely saved my life I can't forgive nor worry about him. He's in the past.

That's when I saw a gas station at the next turn. I quickly turned the car in that direction and pulled into the station. I quickly got out of the car and walked into the station. I went to the cashier, there was a man there. He looked Asian, he had jet black hair and he was very well built.

"Hi, do you have a phone, I could use." I said tiredly

The man nodded and handed me his phone from his pocket.

"Thank you" I smiled slightly

I quickly opened the phone and typed in my mother's number.

"Hello" she answered, sounding tired

"Mommy" I desperately said

"Persephone?! Persephone!!!! Where are you?what happened to the house? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Mommy I should have listened to you. I'm sorry, they came for me. I saw dad and-" I was about to let the waterfall come.

"Okay baby tell me where you are?" I looked towards the man.

"Where am I?"

"Road 75, Irvine valley. Daily Gas station."

I nodded and thanked him. Then I repeat it back to my mom.

"Okay baby I'm coming just stay where you are okay, love. I'm coming." It sounded rushed on the other line, like she was rushing out.

"Okay I love you." I nodded

"I love you too baby" then I hung up and gave the man his phone back. I thanked him one more time before starting to walk out. He stopped though.

"Hey, do you wanna stay here till your mom comes? I have a chair back here and you look like you need some water. I'm Jackson by the way." I looked at him as he showed a kind smile. I shook my head.

I just can't trust anyone right now.

"No, thank you." I said before walking out to sit in the car and wait for my mom.