10. 👁😰

I tried to catch mom this morning but I missed her so I guess I'll just tell her tonight. I'm in the break room with the guys right now. Me and Sierra are on bean bags while we watch a movie. I feel eyes on me I automatically think it's  Diego but when I turn to look I see Ronnie's eyes instead. OK that's it this bitch keeps lookin at me and I'm done. So I stand up and turn to her.

"Can I help you?" I ask sarcastically

She shakes her head 'no'

"Oh really because it seems like you have a question or a problem, maybe? Is there a problem? Because if there isn't, then there must be a question, I don't know whatever else you'd be staring at me for."

She stares at me for a bit before saying
"I just wanna know your first name."

"What do you mean? It's AJ I already told you"

She shakes her head again "no your first name, your real name I know AJ is just a middle name."

My eyebrows crease for a minute, why is she so interested in all the parts of my name? Just because she's so interested, I'm not gonna tell her anything. I don't trust this bitch, I don't trust this bitch at all.

"It's not important, it's not important to you, it's none of your business and you need to back off and stop staring at me for no reason." I begin to walk out of the break room when I hear her say.

"My mothers maiden name is Connors" I stop and slowly turn. Then I shrug.

"So, lots of people have Connors as their last name."

She's slowly nods as she looks down in thought before saying,

"you're right, sorry" and she stares back at the TV. Her voice had a cold, unsafe touch to it.

Mmhmm you know what that is, that's some creepy shit is what that is. Bitch is being creepy now oh I see, I knew it mmmhhhmmm. This is the type of shit I don't fuck wit. NOPE. No mam.

I walk straight out of there as quick as possible and head for my stuff so I can go home. I telling my mom everything, that's it I'm done, my instinct are kicking in and I don't have a good feeling. I have to tell her.

"Persephone!! Persephone, Wait!!" I turn to see Diego's running after me. I wait for him to catch up.

"Hey where you going? And what happened in there?"

I shook my head dismissively "Nothing you need to worry about just umm... some family issues? I guess." I so bit confused of what I meant as well.

He looks at me for a bit and shakes his head "Well then let me walk you home at least."

"No, no it's fine I promise, you still have to be here anyways, you can't go." I say trying to get him to go back. He grabs my hand softly and focuses on my eyes making me focus as well.

"Listen, look at me, you're shaking and if you're shaking that means you're worried and you're scared. I wanna help and if that means I have to leave my job for a day, then so be it. They need me, they can't replace me halfway through the season, I'll be fine. What I'm worried about right now is you. I'm driving you home." He says softly.  Just as I'm about to protest he gives me a hard look that makes me shut my mouth, I nod and follow him towards his car.

I have a really bad feeling.